Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Stabilizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stabilizers

I'm pretty new to bow hunting. I've been reading about stabilizers and how you can benefit from using them. I've also read about how most bow hunters need to be using a sidebar. I'm hesitant to drop $180 on a Bee Stinger. What are yalls thoughts and what do y'all use?

Stabilizers are a funny thing. Very personal in tuning feel, as well as the performance of the bow.

Lots of stabilizers are little more than just dead weight added to a bow, I won't use one less than 8".

I have a Vendetta on my bow right now, it is 11" with a 5" t-bar.

It is my favorite stab so far. I have tried several over the years. I still want to find an old mercury filled one with a piston.

Comment

What he said. On my hunting bow I don't use a side bar but I do on my target bow. My hunting bow I use a 12" with 12oz of weight. I hold real steady with more weight.

Comment

Like said before it's personal preference. I also think it is based on how well the bow balances at full draw, to figure out how much of a stab/weight needed/desired.

Comment

It's all by feel. You'll just have to try a few and see what you like and don't like. I haven't run a side bar yet. Just run an 8 or 10" bee stinger on my E35 and it makes a huge difference.

Comment

I use them on my target setup, primarily to help settle the pin and aim. Be careful, most people use too much weight and reduce the time they can aim the bow.
            I never use anything on a hunting setup, and I still have 10 ring groups with broad heads at 70yds.

Comment

Thanks to all for the feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                Stabilizers are a funny thing. Very personal in tuning feel, as well as the performance of the bow.

Lots of stabilizers are little more than just dead weight added to a bow, I won't use one less than 8".

I have a Vendetta on my bow right now, it is 11" with a 5" t-bar.

It is my favorite stab so far. I have tried several over the years. I still want to find an old mercury filled one with a piston.
                Yep and when you draw your bow the bubble is square everytime.

Comment

I actually just switched over to a side bar setup. Running a b-stinger 12" front bar, and a 10" side bar. The improvement to my setup and the way the bow shoots was dramatic. I found it easier to hold the bow steady at full draw, and the side torque that I had when I let the arrow go is almost non existent now.

Comment

Working...
                  X