best fletch position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best fletch position?

I have been driving myself crazy deciding on what arrows to get for this season and I am thinking I want to try the helical instead of straight fletch position.
    From what I have read, the helical fletched arrows are more accurate but I never really see anyone mention this when they are talking about their arrows.

I have never tested. From reading. Helical controls the best. But you have more drag. So it looses speed the fastest.

But a good offset is all you really need with a good tune bow

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      I have never tested. From reading. Helical controls the best. But you have more drag. So it looses speed the fastest.

But a good offset is all you really need with a good tune bow
      I think you are right, just found a article on huntersfriend comparing the 3 positions and I think I am going to go with the offset position.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
        I have been driving myself crazy deciding on what arrows to get for this season and I am thinking I want to try the helical instead of straight fletch position.
        From what I have read, the helical fletched arrows are more accurate but I never really see anyone mention this when they are talking about their arrows.
        Helical always gonna stabilize better. Some people do a straight offset fletch on their arrows to create some spin which I think a lot of arrow factories do on pre-fletched arrows. As far as wind drag on helical vs. fletch. It's minimal and I'll take an accurate helical fletch over straight fletch anytime, especially for bowhunting with broadheads.

Comment

I have some arrows fletched in offset and some that I refletched helical and the both shoot the same out to 50 yards. I'll do helical from now on if I have the option.

Comment

Helical for fixed heads. Offset will work for mechanical heads.

Comment

from what I have gathered from being in this same position last year, Helical will control the arrow better at farther distances. up close there is not much difference. Because it was not any difference in price and I already had enough KE to kill a buffalo and am only hunting deer for now(the extra drag will not hurt me), I went with helical because there are times when a 60 yard shot is not out of the question.

Comment

I like helical the best,seems like my groups are tighter at a distance.

Comment

Helical

Comment

Helical is like rifling in a barrel, puts a spin on the arrow.

I don't know if it makes a difference in accuracy or not

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                      Helical always gonna stabilize better. Some people do a straight offset fletch on their arrows to create some spin which I think a lot of arrow factories do on pre-fletched arrows. As far as wind drag on helical vs. fletch. It's minimal and I'll take an accurate helical fletch over straight fletch anytime, especially for bowhunting with broadheads.
                      Yep--bottom line for me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X