Switching arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching arrows

Been shooting goldtip Hunters for a couple years now. Happy overall but been considering going with Full Metal Jackets. Hard to argue with the measurable of the FMJs. Thoughts?

I love mine

Comment

I love them and have been shooting them since they first came out. They will and do bend shooting through animals. I'm ok with that....great arrow.

Comment

If you want to go, then go, but if you really want an arrow that will give you a good weight with a high FOC (more accuracy, more forgiving and greater penetration, all proven facts), then the FMJ is really not what you are looking for. An all carbon will be better at giving you an all around arrow if you want to build one that will give you the reasons I mentioned above. I shot ACC's, carbon wrapped aluminum, and they worked great, but they will bend or get creased where as an all carbon arrow will either be shootable or broke.

Comment

I have shot Gold Tips for years now with no complaints. Even so, every now and then I get tempted to switch to some of the more popular arrows. But I am convinced that no other arrow on the market is much ( if ANY ) better. And most are more expensive. Plus, Gold Tips are pretty simple. Not a lot of accessories. Like broadhead adapter rings, bulldog collars etc.

Comment

Mud slinger hit a good point and the compents with gold tip are way easier to remember and find. Most S nocks will work with gold tip. It's just a simpler arrow no special broadheads and the other good thing is they don't ever change so you don't have to worry about looking for a new arrow in 4 years lol

Comment

Working...
            X