Playing with bare shafts again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both 100 gr tips at 20 yds.

I swear my rest needs adjusting. It appears to me the arrows are impacting the target at an angle.... Nocks to the right
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

What is you rest set to? Or your center shot

Comment

Still on (factory) zero. Im shooting left handed. Using Scott dual caliper.

The above image is actually the first set of shots on the bow (out of the box) with both arrows. Ive been simply shooting to get past the breakin of the bow and strings before I started really tweaking. Im nearing my goal of 200 shots before adjusting the rest. The latest groupings and impact angle are the same as the first run.

Comment

I just realized Fergeris might not be talking to me.

Sorry if Im intruding, Enewman. Either way, your avatar is motivating. "Two tears in a bucket, £¥€$it."

Comment

Oh no I was talking to you. Hey no worries we like to discuss this stuff with anyone don't feel like your intruding I was just curious. I forgot to quote your post sorry about that.

Comment

Also curious to what rest you have?
              As for distance I usually try to start bare shaft tuning at 10 yards so I don't loose an arrow hahah then work my way back to 20. I have shot out to 40 but I'm not good enough for that lol. So I stick to 20.

The angles arrows looks like what I had trouble with watch you grip it could be causing torque. It's very easy to do. Something you mite look into if you not sure about that like I was is a true shot coach. Helped me to figure it out.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you Fergeris. QAD HDX drop away rest.

Ive noticed with the thinner grip of this new bow its easier to torque and wobble than bulkier grips of older bows. Ive been exploring extending the doinker stabilizer from 8"-10"-18" and changing my grip. I try to exercise what I perceive the textbook grip...loose to no grip with fingers at a 45 degree angle and most pressure in the webbing and pad of the thumb. Ive explored gripping with straight fingers and the kung-fu grip, neither of which do I find beneficial or comfortable.

Mainly Ive been trying not to think to much while shooting and have a natural and comfortable posture and grip. Ive been comfortable and accurate enough to kill a piglet at 20 yards to christen my bow. Dead on where I aimed. I told myself upon embarking on the christening hunt "Any further than 20 yards I wont be certain and it might be unethical".

Comment

Can't be better than that keep working at it is all we can do

Comment

Working...
                  X