Qad Rest question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qad Rest question

So I'm trying to help my buddy find a rest for his new bow. I told him to get a qad HDX cuz that what I have. I've never had any issues with it and he has used it before. Well he asked me today what the difference is between the HDX, the HD, the LD and the Hunter. I told him the hunter was meant for slower lower quality bows but as far as the rest I know they look different but that's as much as I know. What is the difference mechanically?

The tuning of the hdx is so much better and less headache. Tell him to spend a little more and be done with it.

Comment

bump for knowledge

Comment

HDX & HD & LD= same mechanical features. a few cosmetic differences

Hunter= built for youth and slower speed bows, less tunable than other models listed about.

HDX- only rest ion line that can be bought in camo /other colors

Comment

thats what i though but i wasnt sure.

Comment

Good thread

Comment

Hdx is the best i have owned them all

Comment

Originally posted by chillr+helim13 View Post
                Hdx is the best i have owned them all
                X2

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

The Hunter also lacks the braking system of the other three listed. The brake keeps the launcher arm from bouncing up and hitting the fletchings/arrow. That is the main reason the Hunter doesn't work well on faster bows. On a slower bow, the bounce is just before the fletchings cross, on a faster one, it is when the fletchings are crossing the launcher. I have worked on some bows that no matter what I did, the launcher on the hunter would hit the fletchings. In these cases I try to get them into an HDX or PRO. Changing rests has fixed the contact problem every time.

Comment

Get a Trophy Taker Smackdown or Limb Driver Pro V. Set up is easy and fast for a newbie or a vet. I hate a timed rest with a passion.

Comment

Working...
                      X