who here shoots the PSE FULL THROTTLE or the MATHEWS NO CAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who here shoots the PSE FULL THROTTLE or the MATHEWS NO CAM

I'm interested in hear the likes and dislikes of each bow from people that ACTUALLY shoot them. Not meaning to upset anyone but i really dont care to hear opinions from folks that dont actually shoot one of these two bows.

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

PSE FT is an absolute beast. To me 60lb is comparable to the other 70lb speed bows in holding weight. The draw is actually pretty smooth just stiff all the way through and that's at 29". 70lb FT to me was just more than a regular 70lb shooter would want in hunting situations. No experience with the Nocam but I would imagine it's about as opposite as you can get in the new bows lol

Comment

I have a NoCam. I think it is the smoothest drawing, dead-in-the-hand at the shot bow that I have ever shot. It also holds really well. Oh yeah, and quiet.

Comment

I shot the dominator 3D for field shoots and the Vendetta for hunting. Absolutely love these bones. They have come a long way in the 38 years I've been shooting. The only after market products I have bought for them are the Bomar draw stops. If you get a pse and it has ME cams send me a PM and I'll tell you how to set them to be most forgiving.

Comment

I have not shot the no-cam, but I have shot the FT. To me, the FT would be a good bow at about 55 pounds and no more. Less might be even better. I can tell you that I've been bow hunting and shooting 3D's for more than 30 years, and have owned several speed bows. That being said, the FT is not the bow for me. I'd rather have a bow rated at 325-340fps IBO that is easy to draw and manage than one that is a speed demon that misbehaves.

Comment

i expect the two bows to be on the opposite ends of the spectrum
            trying to make up my mind on a new bow. go from one end of the spectrum to the other..never seem to be satisfied with something in the middle .
            thanks for the input. additional input welcome.

Comment

cuttingedge: interesting comments because i tried drawing the 360 and felt the same way about its draw cycle.
              i normally shoot 27" draw at 70.

Comment

im not really interested in shooting 370 fps but more interested in chunking my 620 grain telephone down range a little faster than what it is doing now. wondering if the 620 grn arrow would help tame the misbehavior of the FT?

Comment

saw a guy shooting the FT @ 30'' 70# & a 500 plus gr. arrow shooting 320 FPS, I think this puts his k e at around 100 ft. #

Comment

Originally posted by wtflash View Post
                    I have a NoCam. I think it is the smoothest drawing, dead-in-the-hand at the shot bow that I have ever shot. It also holds really well. Oh yeah, and quiet.

X2

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                      X2

X3

Comment

I've shot the Full Throttle, at least the 2014 model, and for what it is, it drew pretty well for a 70lb speed bow. I didn't think it was any worse than the DNA I wound up buying. The problem however, is that there was NO valley. You were either at the wall, or if you let up at all, the bow wanted to go.

I am told that with the 2015's they have an option for draw stops where you get a little valley, but I can't imagine it being much. That, paired with it being 5 inch brace would spell trouble for me in a hunting situation. A 620gr arrow isn't going to do anything to the valley or the brace height.

I didn't find the NoCam to be all that smooth, being that the draw stacks strangely mid cycle. But the shops I've been around have been able to tune bullet holes practically out of the box with them, and it is incredibly quiet with hardly any dampening extras.

Comment

I have shot the no cam and didn't care for it but I will say this it's the quietest bow vib free bow I have probably ever shot. But this bow wouldn't be a good option to shoot a 620 grain arrow.

I sell pse bows and the FT is a breed all of its own. A stiff but somewhat smooth draw. No valley and it's a bear to shoot. If you thinking about pse. Look into the decree. It's a sweet bow and at 355 fps you will push the heavier arrow faster and that bow will be scary quite. I am shooting the decree HD and my wife has a decree. And she shoots it better than her elite. I think this decree series is the best set of bows out right now. And I have owned hoyts elites bears etc. And I would stack these up against anyone's bow pound for pound.

Comment

kirby and smith good write ups. this is exactly the kind of information i am looking for......who else....

Comment

Both good bows but very different tools. HTR is a very quiet bow and easy to shoot. Stacks very heavy up front but not hard to draw. FT is easy to shoot well. Its draw is like the stack on HTR but all the way back. The HTR will be VERY slow with ur 620gr arrow. I shoot a 540gr out of my FT and get 290 at 67lb 28in draw .

Comment

Working...
                              X