Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Arrow weight advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today I got a haul of arrows for a great price, only being the weights of the arrows were different.
    All bemans bow hunters
    9- 500g
    5- 400g
    I'm currently shooting beman ics hunters 400g but was told that was to light.
    So my question is which should I be shooting?
    I'm shooting a mathews chill r
    Dl- 25.5 at #70
    Info and advice would be much appreciated

the numbers; 400 and 500, are the spine rating of the arrow. the 400 is a stiffer arrow and like most weighs a little more. While you shoot a fair amount of weight and your bow is pretty quick you would greatly benefit from the heavier of the two choice, the 400. Also the 500 spine is too weak for your set-up and would not be a great option. if you are really concerned about how heavy your arrow is you could always go down to a 340/350 and add some weight to get a little more punch.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      the numbers; 400 and 500, are the spine rating of the arrow. the 400 is a stiffer arrow and like most weighs a little more. While you shoot a fair amount of weight and your bow is pretty quick you would greatly benefit from the heavier of the two choice, the 400. Also the 500 spine is too weak for your set-up and would not be a great option. if you are really concerned about how heavy your arrow is you could always go down to a 340/350 and add some weight to get a little more punch.
      Listen to Muddy, he knows his stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Listen to Muddy, he knows his stuff!

X3
        Only thing I'd add is the smaller the number the stiffer the arrow.
        IE:
        500 is a weaker/ more flexible shaft
        340 is a stiffer less flexible shaft

On the Bemans there is a number ie 9.3 GPI that stands for 9.3 grains per inch.

We use that number to help estimate how much the arrow weighs, IF that's important to you.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          Thanks for all the help, I'm gonna use the 400 spine since that's what I currently shoot, was just curious which I'd be better off with. Again thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
          X