Strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strings

I've done some reading on the subject but still would like some help with a question...
    I'm only about two years into shooting and on my second bow. I started off with a package and once comfortable with the fact I'd found an awesome hobby I'd continue to do for a lifetime. I upgraded and had a bow I liked outfitted. This last season was my first with a bow and other than one javelina, a big jack rabbit and a few pigs I was only hitting targets. No telling how many times I shot, but how long should strings last? String is s little more than an year old and has seen a little rain and been out in the sun, cold and some heat. I have put string wax occasionally but should I change out yearly? Doesn't look frayed or anything.

Any recommendations on shops? I like trying to do my fixing and learning at home or with help from friends but I've used BPS and Mesquite's and did not really like those options for one reason or another. Also, I'm rather tall and have long arms and left handed shooter. That equals out to a pain in the rear when trying to find a comfortable, affordable bow with 31"+ draw. What is the negative effect of making my loop a little longer? I'm sure a few FPS or possible increase in noise? That I haven't been able to find a lot of good info on.

lots of questions

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
    I've done some reading on the subject but still would like some help with a question...
    I'm only about two years into shooting and on my second bow. I started off with a package and once comfortable with the fact I'd found an awesome hobby I'd continue to do for a lifetime. I upgraded and had a bow I liked outfitted. This last season was my first with a bow and other than one javelina, a big jack rabbit and a few pigs I was only hitting targets. No telling how many times I shot, but how long should strings last? String is s little more than an year old and has seen a little rain and been out in the sun, cold and some heat. I have put string wax occasionally but should I change out yearly? Doesn't look frayed or anything.

Any recommendations on shops? I like trying to do my fixing and learning at home or with help from friends but I've used BPS and Mesquite's and did not really like those options for one reason or another. Also, I'm rather tall and have long arms and left handed shooter. That equals out to a pain in the rear when trying to find a comfortable, affordable bow with 31"+ draw. What is the negative effect of making my loop a little longer? I'm sure a few FPS or possible increase in noise? That I haven't been able to find a lot of good info on.
    WOW!! LOTS OF QUESTIONS HERE!! GIve me a call and I should be able to answer a lot of them. 210-859-5185

Comment

Working...
    X