Igloo Sportsman Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Igloo Sportsman Coolers

Anyone have any real use testimony for or against these coolers?

Great coolers. There was a test done somewhere it stacked up the same to a Yeti in terms of ice retention.
    There are alot of "high" end coolers now charging your first born for them so igloo built one just as good for alot less $ to gain market share. Smart move in my opinion.

Comment

My buddy has one that we used on a recent trip. Look tough as nails.

Comment

I am boycotting Igloo! Cheep hinges and latches that break almost while installing new ones. they might as well be made overseas.

Comment

Okay but that wasn't the question. Have you tried this line of Igloo coolers? I used strap material to replace hinges on the 5 day style of cooler.

Comment

I Ben looking at them at SAMs wholesale. They have 55 quart for 199.. Seems cheapest price around

Comment

That's where I seen one today. They look solid but I hope someone may have had one for a while and know how the hinge and latch holds up. Looks basically like the "borrowed" designs from other manufacturers.

Comment

I have used mine for 3 years now, both fishing and hunting. Been on 2 camping trips and on mountain hunt also. I do carry extra hinges, once one broke. Keeps ice well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Don't like the hinge being an issue. It does help, thanx.

Comment

I haven't used one but I have seen one in person. They look like all the other rotomolded coolers with a better price. If pick one up if I didn't already have yetis.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                      I have used mine for 3 years now, both fishing and hunting. Been on 2 camping trips and on mountain hunt also. I do carry extra hinges, once one broke. Keeps ice well. Hope this helps.
                      Not sure this is the Sportsman 55...you sure don't want to be carrying around extra hinges for that sucker. I have one and have used it for about a year. It is one VERY solid cooler. I had an issue with the drain plug on mine from the beginning (it seems the threads were not right) and it was replaced. I really do like the cooler and I like that not only is it an American company, the cooler itself is made in America as well.

Comment

They claim they are made in Katy, Tx if I read that correctly on the website.

Comment

Yes sir. Been to the igloo place. Its HUGE!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X