Z7 turn down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z7 turn down?

I have a Z7 set at about 64# pull currently. I have hurt my shoulder and need to lighten it up as much as possible.

How far can I safely turn it down?

To get as light as I may need for the foreseeable future (i'm thinking 50#) would it be better to sell the bow and buy something else or just a set of limbs?

Anyone have a set of lightweight Z7 limbs for sale?

I've been told, 5 turns out from fully tight is about the limit of what you should do. At approx. 2lbs per turn (probably just a little more) you can get in the neighborhood of about 10-12 lbs under the max.
    I had shoulder issues and dropped to 50lb limbs on mine and love it! I'm thinking the new limbs were about $150-$200, don't hold me to that can't remember for sure an exact amount. I had the bow restrung at the same time so, that may throw my numbers off.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Comment

What is the max poundage on your current limbs? Are they SE3 or 5? If they are 60 pound limbs there should be no problem. Much below that and you really lose efficiency of the limbs. Still safe.

Comment

I'm sorry....I had to. I know it's a serious question. But I had to troll in....and out now.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
            What is the max poundage on your current limbs? Are they SE3 or 5? If they are 60 pound limbs there should be no problem. Much below that and you really lose efficiency of the limbs. Still safe.
            They say SE4. What does that mean?

Comment

it's the model number for the limbs that are on the bow. I believe that the SE4 are 2010 model limbs for the Z7. Worst case, if turning down the draw weight isn't low enough, you might have to do what T/Chmr did in changing limbs. Hopefully not. I was able to get my hoyt down to about 58 lbs due to the same issue as y'all. Hope that helps.

Comment

I dialed down 5 full turns. I am able to carefully draw. I can shoot it but I can't let down without significant pain in the left shoulder.

Comment

see how you feel with 15-20 shots. I know that feeling where it is tough to let down. But you'll overcome this obstacle with slow and light weight training/physical therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                    see how you feel with 15-20 shots. I know that feeling where it is tough to let down. But you'll overcome this obstacle with slow and light weight training/physical therapy.
                    I've resisted pulling the bow for a couple months thinking the shoulder just need some time to heal. I may need to make a Dr. appointment. I'd hate to have to give up bowhunting before I've shot my first buck.

Comment

You are probably looking between $175 and $225 to replace the limbs depending on how much labor the shop charges. Still a lot cheaper than a new bow, and you can go back to the original limbs when you get your strength back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                        They say SE4. What does that mean?
                        I have some limbs for Mathews bows. Let me know what your current limbs are and I'll see if I have some lighter. The numbers are for particular bows. I think each higher number may have been an improved limb.

Comment

I do have a set of 60lb SE5's. They are off a Z7 Magnum. You could turn them down to 48lbs or so with out a problem.
                          The web site doesn't say which limbs you need. If you call tech support they can tell you if they would work.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                            I do have a set of 60lb SE5's. They are off a Z7 Magnum. You could turn them down to 48lbs or so with out a problem.
                            The web site doesn't say which limbs you need. If you call tech support they can tell you if they would work.
                            I don't know if SE5 limbs will be compatible to his riser though. I think I read that SE5 are 2011 model and SE4 are 2010

Comment

Originally posted by LillDragun View Post
                              I don't know if SE5 limbs will be compatible to his riser though. I think I read that SE5 are 2011 model and SE4 are 2010
                              I don't think the connections changed, only the limb deflection.

Comment

Working...
                              X