Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Help Me Choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Choose

Wanting to get some active fit camo for primarily deer season. Looking for it to work to hunt in box blind and tree stand with proper layering in 30 to 70 degree weather. Also plan to use for spot/stalking pigs. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices

1) Kuiu guide in Vias

2) predator high plain in deception brown

3) kryptek cadog in highlander

Help me choose. I primarily hunt in central Texas and hill county
    Last edited by ateague11; 03-05-2015, 09:26 PM.

I guess it comes down to whether you want a hood or not. I have a core4element Element jacket and I doubt I'll ever buy another jacket without an included hood.

I bought the element jacket for the aforementioned reasons that you listed, and because I can't stand a jacket without pit zips. I will say however, that even with proper layering, wearing a jacket in the 30s that's only "wind resistant" is pretty miserable.

All of these jackets have received good reviews. So I think the biggest things for you are going to be whether you want a hood, and what camo pattern you prefer. The Predator jacket gives you the removable hood option. Beyond that, prices are pretty similar.

One last jacket I would throw into the mix for you would be this,

Which is very close to being windproof. You'll sacrifice some breathability for it, but it all depends on what exactly you want out of your jacket.

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X