Anyone ever use a Javalina call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use a Javalina call?

I have heard of them but never used one. Anyone have any success with one? We have a ton of Javalina on our ranch and would like to see if they would come to the call. What brand call would you recommend?

It's called a corn road feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      It's called a corn road feeder.

LOL! We got plenty of those at the ranch and use them along with regular feeders. Just wanted to know if you shot into a group and then used the call if they would come back and check out the call.

Comment

Ive called in several. I just use my mouth to make the sound..shots will be CLOSE

Comment

I have used for years. This year at the shoot-out, I called some in with my mouth and call.
          WARNING--- This year I was calling some in and as I shot my call fell between my string and my arrow. As I released it jerked the call from my neck. I was lucky, all I got was a 4 " cut on my neck. The whisker basket I was using kept the arrow from coming back to get me. No bow damage, but a scary situation to say the least. The force broke the lanyard and the call went about 20 yds.
          I will not have a lanyard on my call next time.

Comment

Agree with the corn feeder!! Death to the javalinas!

Comment

Called at the shootout this like I normally do both of my kids shot javis my 13 yr old daughter got 7 shots using a call but they come in hot and fast kinda had her rattled trying to shoot them she did connect on a nice boar my boy killed one too I use a haydels I think its a j-89 I'll have to check only about 10.00 I use it every year

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X