Rangefinder tether

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder tether

Looking into getting my wife a tether for her rangefinder. Anybody have any experience with the Leupold QuickDraw, or the S4 Sidewinder Evo?

Ttt

Comment

I take a small piece of paracord and then put a nice carbiner clip onto it. I then clip it to my bino harness. I can unclip it and put it on my backpack I can also switch to a long paracord that I can slinp over my neck.

I know you are asking about a tether but I found that pulled hard enough it some can be removed, the pulling and release of the tether string on some are noisy and that just another thing attached (for those that don't just clip).

Comment

I'm not sure about the s4 Sidewinder but it seems to be similar to the g5 version. The g5 one came unclipped when I was headed out the door and dropped my rangefinder on the concrete, knocking the calibration off. Luckily the manuf. warranty covered it.

I keep saying im going to purchase a crooked horn Sidekick. They're available at Academy but I never have got around to buying one.

Comment

For years I have used a 3/4 inch piece of elastic. I put this last one together with staples.
          It goes over my neck and under the opposite arm. It will stretch to what distance I need and not move around or dangle while I'm stalking

Comment

I use a shoe string as my range finder tether

Comment

Originally posted by JakeRichardson View Post
              I thought I was the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeRichardson View Post
                basically same principle as my nylon cord

Comment

Working...