Ripcord code red issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripcord code red issue

This weekend I had trouble with my rest it's not letting me push it up or pull it up without pulling on the cord any ideas to fix it besides a new rest. I'm working on that but can't get a new one right now

Send it back and they will probably send you a new one. I had a similar issue several years ago and they hooked me right up !

Comment

Something is binding on braking mechanism on the inside. They should replace it. A pro shop can probably get it replaced too.

Comment

I wonder if bass pro can do that while I'm here

Comment

Maybe. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Comment

Well as we all know that was a joke. I can't see why anyone would work on bows that have no idea about anything about a bow. So I will wait to call ripcord tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
              Well as we all know that was a joke. I can't see why anyone would work on bows that have no idea about anything about a bow. So I will wait to call ripcord tomorrow
              i didn't want to say anything as it wasn't my business, but, no way would i want one of those guys taking my rest apart.....

my problem was the fork would randomly lock in the up position. my cord was served in and there was no slippage. just an internal issue and ripcord sent me a new rest. hopefully they will fix yours or replace it.

Comment

Lol I wasn't going to let them do much I was just seeing if they could do a warranty trade or something lke that. I didn't even take my bow in. What's funny is when I told him what the problem was he said all ripcord do that. He said at least the ones I have installed. Well there must be alot of people mad at that rest now is all I gotta say.

Comment

lol... I am always for giving them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to hoping they can uninstall a rest and put a new one on. It doesn't always happen like that though. Not everybody that works around archery equipment, can work ON archery equipment.

Comment

if you are handy at all you can probably fix it yourself, really. I fixed mine with little problem. There are a lot of youtube videos on the subject. That is if Rip Cord wont replace it. I would try the Service Dept. first and then DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                      if you are handy at all you can probably fix it yourself, really. I fixed mine with little problem. There are a lot of youtube videos on the subject. That is if Rip Cord wont replace it. I would try the Service Dept. first and then DIY.
                      Agree. Make 100% sure Ripcord isn't going to fix the issue first like mentioned above. That part is very important. If there's any indication that you opened the rest up and tampered with the internal mechanism they will deny coverage.

I've seen this happen on a few Ripcord rests. Same goes for QAD as well. Sometimes it happens. Normally, the manufacturer steps up and gets it taken care of.

Comment

I wrote them an email an they told me to try to force it up which I did it won't budge. So they said to send it in an they will replace it so that's what I'm going to do. I don't trust myself to take lil things apart. To big of fingers

Comment

Ripcord code red issue

This weekend I had trouble with my rest it's not letting me push it up or pull it up without pulling on the cord any ideas to fix it besides a new rest. I'm working on that but can't get a new one right now

A "timed" rest issue?! Say it ain't so!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            A "timed" rest issue?! Say it ain't so!!!!
                            I was wondering how long it would take you lol.

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take you lol.

Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X