Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Revolution won't work!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolution won't work!!!!

So I bought a trophy ridge revolution rest for my wife's bow so she could have something better than the oversized whisker biscuit it came with. I installed it according to the directions 3inches below the riser shelf on the down cable. Put the cable through and pulled her bow to full draw then tightened it up. I had fletchings contact with all three vanes so I loosened the cable till the rest wouldn't drop anymore, didn't work. So I tightened it till it was pulling the down cable even before I drew the bow, that didn't work either. I used white lipstick to test for contact with the rest.

Her bow is a parker sidekick xp. 45lbs draw weight and 25"dl.

Any help would be appreciated. I've already come to the conclusion that these rest just aren't made for a 45lbs bow but maybe somebody knows something I don't.

I have one.
    I didn't install it.
    I don't have any Fletching contact. That's what is confusing me.

I load an arrow on mine, flip the arm on top back towards the string, then draw an shoot....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      I have one.
      I didn't install it.
      I don't have any Fletching contact. That's what is confusing me.

I load an arrow on mine, flip the arm on top back towards the string, then draw an shoot....
      Your bow also isn't 45lbs, I think that's the real issue. I'm guessing this rest just isn't setup to work with low poundage bows for some reason. I assume there is just to much give in the strings due to a lack of tention on the down cable.

Comment

Just a question, is your arrow level, from string to rest? If you put the cable in the string, draw bow to full draw. Rest should work. Even with 45 pounds. Good Luck.

Comment

Your arrow should be level when at full draw if the rest is set up correctly. It should have a very slight downward angle when the bow isn't drawn. When at full draw, it should rotate the rest until the arrow comes to "level" and this should release the rest on release. Now, keep in mind, this rest stays locked in position on slow let down. Hope that makes sense.

To more specifically answer your statement about the lighter poundage bow, I would tend to believe these rests would work better for lower poundage than a high poundage bow. But, my belief is that it is simple enough to work just fine on either one.
          Last edited by Puggy625; 02-22-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

The arrow is indeed level and in line with the strings and riser.

Comment

I'm gonna try the rest on my backup bow and see if it's the rest or her bow.

Comment

Originally posted by sutherpride59 View Post
                I'm gonna try the rest on my backup bow and see if it's the rest or her bow.
                You can use my opinion as toilet paper.
                I think the Revolution is a terrible rest.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                  I'm starting to agree, when i get home off of duty tomorrow i'm gonna try it on my bow. Good rest or not it should work, if it doesnt i'm sure trophy ridge will make it right. I think the springs inside might just not be as strong as they should and that could be why there is a 2.0 version of it now.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Care to elaborate?

If it's set up right, I'd put it up against the QAD any day of the week, for a lot less money. If it's not set up correctly, it'll tear something up quick.

I'm starting to agree, when i get home off of duty tomorrow i'm gonna try it on my bow. Good rest or not it should work, if it doesnt i'm sure trophy ridge will make it right. I think the springs inside might just not be as strong as they should and that could be why there is a 2.0 version of it now.
                    You are negating your own argument, IMO. If the springs are strong enough to work on a 70lb bow, it'll work on a weaker poundage bow as well. You MUST follow the set up instructions to the letter or it won't work right. Again, if you don't, it'll tear up fletching and probably wreck the rest too.

Now with that said, it is entirely possible that you got a defective rest. But, keep in mind, that can happen with any brand of rest. Not just the TR Revolution. I've been using one since they came out a few years ago and if it failed today, I'd feel like I've gotten my money's worth. Now, if I'd spent $140, not so much.
                    Last edited by Puggy625; 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I shop one and love it. I had it installed at local bow shop and have never had a problem. I gained 3 fps switching from the biscuit and pulling 70 lbs

Comment

Well I tried everything I can think of to make it work. I moved the position on the down cable fro 1" below the riser shelf to 5" below it
                        And it didn't work. I moved either from center shot as far left and as far right as I could and it didn't work. I moved it from my wife's bow to my bow and still had the same problems. I tried it with blazers and duravanes. I have run out of variables to change and it still doesn't work. I've read both installation manuals from trophy ridge and watched every YouTube installation video I could find and I couldn't find anything that I haven't already done. So I emailed trophy ridge last night and hopefully they will get back to me.

Also I understand if it won't work on her bow it shouldn't work on mine but one thing I have learned at my job is when you are trouble shooting sometime you have to test for PFM(pure freaking magic), meaning you never know it might have worked in my bow but not hers for no other reason than it just does, PFM.

Comment

Well I tried everything I can think of to make it work. I moved the position on the down cable fro 1" below the riser shelf to 5" below it
                          And it didn't work. I moved either from center shot as far left and as far right as I could and it didn't work. I moved it from my wife's bow to my bow and still had the same problems. I tried it with blazers and duravanes. I have run out of variables to change and it still doesn't work. I've read both installation manuals from trophy ridge and watched every YouTube installation video I could find and I couldn't find anything that I haven't already done. So I emailed trophy ridge last night and hopefully they will get back to me.

Also I understand if it won't work on her bow it shouldn't work on mine but one thing I have learned at my job is when you are trouble shooting sometime you have to test for PFM(pure freaking magic), meaning you never know it might have worked in my bow but not hers for no other reason than it just does, PFM.
                          Can't disagree with you there. lol

Can you tell me exactly what you mean when you say it doesn't work? Are you talking about on a slow letdown or actually shooting it? Just trying to make sure I'm on the same page with what your saying.

Comment

Seems like you've done all you can to make this rest work.
                            Probably just a bad one.
                            Did I mention that I think the Revolution is a terrible rest?
                            I've seen some that are working well, but I've seen more that don't.
                            Just my experience, for what it's worth.

Comment

The only one I've personally seen that had any problem is the one my buddy didn't follow the instructions and set it up wrong. When he told us how he'd set it up, we told him what he'd done wrong. He bought another one, followed the instructions to the letter and he's still using it. Like anything, I'm sure there are some that just don't work right. But, I bet when/if you get another one, it'll work just fine and you'll like it.

Rocky, just curious, why do you think it's a terrible rest?

Comment

Working...
                              X