Obsession Evolution VS 2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obsession Evolution VS 2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo

I have an Obsession Evolution that I got a really good deal on but I have been thinking about possibly switching back to Hoyt, do the ends justify the means here? Is the new CST a better bow than the Evolution?

I'd say yes and faster and just as smooth IMO...I recently traded my evolution for a faktor turbo and I'm much happier

Comment

Only thing I couldn't justify is the price difference...I haven't price checked the CST but Ill bet it's a few more cents then your evoloution.

Comment

So I picked up the CST today and here is my honest review.

Right off the bat, the Hoyt is so much lighter, which is to be expected. The draw cycle is firm and has a great back wall (the obsession has a terrible back wall in my opinion)

The grip on the hoyt is a lot more comfortable than the obsession as well.

Now I love my Obsession Evolution but my two biggest qualms with it are, vibration, and noise. The Hoyt is a clear winner here, almost 0 vibration and very quiet.

Hoyt wins.

Comment

Originally posted by taylor202 View Post
          So I picked up the CST today and here is my honest review.

Right off the bat, the Hoyt is so much lighter, which is to be expected. The draw cycle is firm and has a great back wall (the obsession has a terrible back wall in my opinion)

The grip on the hoyt is a lot more comfortable than the obsession as well.

Now I love my Obsession Evolution but my two biggest qualms with it are, vibration, and noise. The Hoyt is a clear winner here, almost 0 vibration and very quiet.

Hoyt wins.
          They always do !

Comment

Originally posted by taylor202 View Post
            The draw cycle is firm and has a great back wall (the obsession has a terrible back wall in my opinion)
            How does a bow with Limb stops have a terrible back wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              How does a bow with Limb stops have a terrible back wall?
              bad cam starting rotation, being out of sync or having the draw stop adjusted incorrectly. it has to be something because you are right, there is nothing like a back wall with limb stops. my strother had double limb stops the wall was awesome, the best I've ever shot. my new turbo has cable stops and while the wall is respectable it is nothing like a double limb stop bow.

Comment

I can't attest to what might be going on with the OP's bow, but my Knightmare was loud with a lot of vibration, and sure enough its because the cams were out of timing.

Generally speaking, Obsessions are known for being quiet and pretty vibration free.

Obsessions have be timed based off of the anti-lock stops on the cam that touch the cables. I had new string installed recently, and the shop merely set the stops without checking the cam timing. If your shop didn't use a draw board to time the cams, that would account for the sound and vibration.

Comment

I've owned both. FOR ME the Obsession was the much better feeling bow. The draw cycle and back wall hasn't been matched by any bow I've ever shot. Again, FOR ME, I shoot the Carbon Element better. If you're having issues with the draw cycle or the back wall being anything other than rock solid, you need to go have that bow tuned by someone good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                    I can't attest to what might be going on with the OP's bow, but my Knightmare was loud with a lot of vibration, and sure enough its because the cams were out of timing.

Generally speaking, Obsessions are known for being quiet and pretty vibration free.

Obsessions have be timed based off of the anti-lock stops on the cam that touch the cables. I had new string installed recently, and the shop merely set the stops without checking the cam timing. If your shop didn't use a draw board to time the cams, that would account for the sound and vibration.
                    this. it's one of the reasons i no longer let West Houston Archery work on my bow. they "eyeball" cam timing while drawing the bow from a ceiling mounted hanger. um no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                      this. It's one of the reasons i no longer let west houston archery work on my bow. They "eyeball" cam timing while drawing the bow from a ceiling mounted hanger. Um no thanks.

[ATTACH]697367[/ATTACH]

Comment

Lord lord.

Comment

It's lighter and the grip might feel better to you but if the Obsession wasn't better in the other categories it wasn't the bows fault. Glad you're happy now though.

Im looking at getting a carbon next year after shooting them but only because of the weight for pack in hunts.
                          Last edited by bphillips; 03-09-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            Lord lord.
                            hey! you're alive! "The TexasBowhunter"!

Comment

I have both and I choose the obsession. I believe ops evolution was not tuned correctly. The obsession back wall is amazing and is quiet as all get out.

Comment

Working...
                              X