Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Fixed blade broadheads do you shoot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always shot mechanicals but I am wanting to try fixed blades. What has held me back was trying to sight them in. What is a good one piece fixed blade that you can screw on your arrow and it will shoot like your field points or mechanicals? Is that even possible?

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
      I have always shot mechanicals but I am wanting to try fixed blades. What has held me back was trying to sight them in. What is a good one piece fixed blade that you can screw on your arrow and it will shoot like your field points or mechanicals? Is that even possible?
      I will say I have had heads that would not shoot with field points. Didn't care. I just sighted In the broadheads. I've got my bow tuned better now then I have ever. I can shoot a Zwickey delta 1 3/8 wide cut at 20 yards with a fletch field point and a bare shaft. I'm now fixing to start walking back And getting longer distance.

In my opinion. If your bow is tuned. And you have the correct spine arrow for the tip weight then yes they should it very close

Comment

Any Slick Trick has my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by taylor202 View Post
          G5 Montec 100G

Same here

Comment

I have had good luck with the Slick Trick Magnums. Shoot right with field points out of my bow, durable and do a lot of damage.

Comment

Anything but a **** Montec. Hate those no blood trail leaving things.

Comment

silver flames any size... will shoot just like field points...i shoot the big 175 grain 1 7/8" XXL...my kids shoot the 125 grain Xl 1 1/2" ....poundage from 40 lbs to 70 lbs

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Muzzy Trocar

Comment

Solids fly perfectly to 80 yards (farthest I practice, took a nice hog at 65yds last fall)
                    Helix are great but I don't get the same flight with them as the Solids past 50 yards or so.
                    Just got some GK Silver Flame 125's. Looking forward to trying them. Also building/trying out a new arrow for my Obsession Evo and will try heavier broad heads shortly.
                    GrizzTRicks crush hogs if I'm only shooting out to 30 or so. They crunch and much up that pork really well, but I don't shoot them past 30.

Why try so many different heads? It's fun, and I don't mind if I lose a GT on a hog. They're way cheaper than the single blades I like.

Comment

160gr wensel woodsman.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
                        160gr wensel woodsman.

Great Head!!!!!!

Comment

There are a lot of heads I havent heard of that I might need to check out

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                            I like Magnus stinger buzzcuts because they fly good with minum tuning, I shot mine in a target 8-10 times and it would still shave hair on my arm.. Also their warranty is awesome, if you shoot a animal and it goes thru hits a rock, fence post etc. they are happy to replace it.. I also like the slick tricks because the fly well too.. Seems that they are strong as well..
                            Yep.

Comment

Like has been said lots of great choices. Just pick a good strong head that you like that shoots good for you and just make sure it's very sharp. Big critters I lean toward cut on contact myself but that's not to say that you have to. And best of luck.

Comment

Been curious about the Solid's. They look mean...

Comment

Working...
                                X