Whats the best low light sight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best low light sight???

I HAD THIS "AROUND THE CAMPFIRE" NOT MUCH HELP???

Well my eyes are 58 yrs old now and this year i am having trouble shooting in low light.
    I use a large peep and a sight pin light (when needed) but i still have too much trouble seeing the object i need to shoot to take the shot.
    Is there anything (that is legal) to enhance low light sighting for shots. Help!! I'm up for new sights, scope, single pin, whatever.

Put a sight lite on your sight pins. Its legal. I don't shoot if I can't see through my peep. If its that dark a lighted pin is no good to me anyway.

Comment

Spot Hogg wrapped sights pulls out as much ambient light as physically possible for pin clarity.

Comment

What size peep are you running? I run a 1/4 inch because I can't see at last shooting light otherwise.

I've heard of things like a Perry's No-peep, but haven't ever used it. Maybe try looking into something like that, or maybe a string splitter?

Comment

pin light

Comment

Hawglite Marauder lighting system ----- love mine.

Remove the stabilizer and screw it in.

Comment

I prefer a single pin sight such as a HHA 5510. It has a 0.010" pin and 5 ft of fiber optics with the Burst Light. With the small single pin I don't have all the clutter of the other pins glowing obstructing your view and 5 ft of fiber optics gather a bunch of light. Having the Burst Light allows me to hunt from a pop up blind in low light conditions. The HHA also allows you to adjust the brightness of the pins.

Comment

No Peep systems are great but don't fit with every sight out there.

These help a lot if you need a peep.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                  Put a sight lite on your sight pins. Its legal. I don't shoot if I can't see through my peep. If its that dark a lighted pin is no good to me anyway.
                  I've been using a glow-peep all summer for pigs. It holds a teensie bit of glow as the sun is going down, but if you can't see your peep you are probably more than 30 minutes past sundown.

Comment

Using an Anchor Sight with an HHA 5519. I started in archery in the late 70's and began with no peep, shooting fingers with my index finger in the corner of my mouth as an anchor point and looking around the string. The Anchor Sight takes me back to that form, except I can use a release and have the precision to shoot dots.

Comment

MBG is probably the best ones without a light. Any can be bright with a light and your cheaper route as long as you won't be somewhere where it's illegal to use a sight light

Comment

Originally posted by JimboBurnsy View Post
                        I've been using a glow-peep all summer for pigs. It holds a teensie bit of glow as the sun is going down, but if you can't see your peep you are probably more than 30 minutes past sundown.

http://glowpeep.com/
                        Not if you are inside a blacked out pop up. It gets darker inside than it is outside but in any event can't see peep won't shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                          Not if you are inside a blacked out pop up. It gets darker inside than it is outside but in any event can't see peep won't shoot.
                          Touche.

The glow peep may be a good option for you. If you charge it up with your flash light it will be too bright to shoot through for about twenty minutes, but settles into a little glow that you can't see unless you put it close to your eye; just enough to make out where it is at draw.

Comment

A large peep helps. Fact is as you age night vision worsens. I feel your pain. I find myself just realizing I am going to lose 5 minutes in the morning and evening.

Comment

This is great information. I may actually try several things to see what works the best for me. I'm trying to not do anything too drastic for the rest of this season but it sure hurts when a big buck gets to walk off because i can't aim at it. I've already ordered the red hawk peep today, i may also order the glow in the dark one. As a minimum, one will be used for the rest of this season .
                              I had already called myself searching the internet and did not find most of the things listed here. My old eyes really appreciate the help by next season i will have a different setup. Any more ideas are welcome?

Comment

Working...
                              X