Toxic Broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toxic Broadhead

Anyone heard anything about these broadheads? Pros? Cons? Better than Rage?

A buddy of mine shoots these. There are pros and cons. The pros are he gets freaky blood trails and massive holes. The only cons are the blades bend if hitting bone and they shoot about 4-6 inches left of where his field tips hit. But if you broad head tune that isn't a problem. His bow may not be tuned well. He keeps trying to get me to use em. I just like a normal looking broadhead I can sharpen though. Not a rage fan but I haven't used the ones with the new collars.

Comment

Toxic Broadhead

Comment

I've used them before. I also got really good blood trails. The blades do bend if you hit bone, but most BHs do get damaged when you hit bone. These BHs hit with my field tips so there were no sight adjustments. I never shot a hog with them though, I'm not sure how well they will penetrate. Also, they will destroy a block target quick!!!

Comment

There's been a couple of threads on here

Comment

we have used them with mostly good results. the only issues we had with them is on a steep angled shot, either hard quartering or sharp downward angle the bh will not penetrate. i belive its the blades hitting the first before the point can get a bite to penetrate. other than that, we had excellent penetration and impressive blood trails. i used one a few weeks ago on a doe. broke 3 ribs and a went through a shoulder blade.

Comment

Anyone use bowhunter1 broad heads?? They are called FIXpandables. Look really nice, almost like a nap blade at the top and two blades expand out.

Comment

What's a good broad head to get? It's my first ever bow hunt and have a really nice strother xt Rush I got a hell of a deal on. So I was thinking rage 3 blade or 2 and then bowhunter1 fixpandable. Or just the old school muzzy

Comment

Look at slicktricks. They are a great broadhead

Comment

Magnus stinger
                    Grim reaper Hades
                    Zwickey
                    German Kinetic
                    Simmons

Comment

Personally the solid and silver flames are top of the heap followed by the dirtnap drt, the toxic didn't really impress me very much

Comment

Junk.

Comment

Yes sir, junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Coup de Grace View Post
                            Yes sir, junk.

Poor poor blood trails to go along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ragin' View Post
                              poor poor blood trails to go along with it.
                              yup, and junk!

Comment

Working...
                              X