No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the "super special magical dust" I sprinkle on them man!

Comment

Hey Muddy would the Spartan make a good Long Draw arrow?

Comment

FOC increase

For your application it would be similar to a Carnivore, and probably a little soft for you with a high FOC build. I would look at the 150 Rampage for you with an Extreme build

Comment

FOC increase

Lighter draw weights and shorter draw length means you can do big things for the ladies. These are for TexasGunSlinger's fiancé. 500 spine Spartans weighing 430 with 17.6% FOC. Low GPI really lends itself to building a ton of FOC!

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Them are pretty

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                Them are pretty
                Muddy was being nice saying they were someone's else's huh you actually got these didn't you?lol

Comment

Moved to ATC.

Top...
                  My Flickr Photos

Comment

16% FOC is not all that high at all. My FMJ's that I shoot from my longbow are just under 21% FOC.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      16% FOC is not all that high at all. My FMJ's that I shoot from my longbow are just under 21% FOC.

Bisch
                      Ahh you guys and your trad arrows! While 16 isn't much compared to your 21% a couple guys here were down closer to 10% to start if I recall correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                        Ahh you guys and your trad arrows! While 16 isn't much compared to your 21% a couple guys here were down closer to 10% to start if I recall correctly!
                        Around 11%-13% was the norm for years until carbon shafting came out. Nowadays there are brass inserts and points that range in weight from 75gr all the way up to 300gr. With light carbon shafts it is very easy to get very high FOC. I know several trad shooters that shoot arrows with upwards of 30% FOC!

Bisch

Comment

Around 11%-13% was the norm for years until carbon shafting came out. Nowadays there are brass inserts and points that range in weight from 75gr all the way up to 300gr. With light carbon shafts it is very easy to get very high FOC. I know several trad shooters that shoot arrows with upwards of 30% FOC!

Bisch
                          I'm testing one now for my compound that is 27% foc

Comment

Bisch

Easy!?! Not so much with a 30" arrow

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            I'm testing one now for my compound that is 27% foc

:thumbup:
                            I'm jealous :-)

Not sure if I'll ever get there

Comment

Bisch
                              I beg to differ. While all things are relative 16% is substantially higher than the average set-up which will usually run 9-12%. Hitting 16-17% with modern equipment is pretty doable in most cases depending on a variety of factors. 16%, by definition is considered "high" foc in the business, crossing over to the EFOC threshold (19%+) can take some effort especially with today's high powered compounds or guys with longer than average draw lengths. All this with respect to maintaining proper spine with the build.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                                I beg to differ. While all things are relative 16% is substantially higher than the average set-up which will usually run 9-12%. Hitting 16-17% with modern equipment is pretty doable in most cases depending on a variety of factors. 16%, by definition is considered "high" foc in the business, crossing over to the EFOC threshold (19%+) can take some effort especially with today's high powered compounds or guys with longer than average draw lengths. All this with respect to maintaining proper spine with the build.
                                It's not hard to do at all. I use 100gr brass inserts and 150gr points/broadheads. They make point/broadheads all the way up to 300gr. I have a 29" draw length. The only thing that I could see that would make it harder for the compound guys would be if they are shooting higher poundage (say 70). Finding a stiff enough shaft to add the front weight to could be an issue! That and their willingness to give up the speed they will lose shooting the heavier arrow.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X