FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    I'm always nice! It's really a combination of shorter arrow lengths and less draw weight. These are 400's; none of us FOC guys could even think of really shooting 340/350 shafts with what we build, much less a 400. BUT, you can take a 400 that in most cases can be a little stiff for a woman (mostly) whack it down and load it up and get some awesome specs.!
    Haha. I just figured you would tell me I'm short like a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      Haha. I just figured you would tell me I'm short like a girl.
      We've established that!

Comment

Enewman, I know you're hunting now :thumbup:. Did you just bring your FOC arrows?
        Did they perform as expected?
        Did you bring any of your regular arrows to try out as a comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          Yes it can.

I read a write up from the Tim guy at gold tip. One thing he said was he shoots all his arrows through paper. And rotateds his knocs so all the arrows have the same tear. What I don't know by doing that is how do you know where the stiff side is. But I'm seeing this may be a method to use if you don't have a spine tester.

Hard to tune arrows from your bow if they are not all shooting the same way first
          Tim shoots a four fletch arrow with a Hamsky fall away rest. Though using a lizard tongue launcher, it is also a fall away so vane orientation doesn't matter.
          If you listen to Tim, he also believes that the vane setup is the most important part. Last year he won the IBO world in the open pro class. 50 targets with no 8's.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
            Tim shoots a four fletch arrow with a Hamsky fall away rest. Though using a lizard tongue launcher, it is also a fall away so vane orientation doesn't matter.
            If you listen to Tim, he also believes that the vane setup is the most important part. Last year he won the IBO world in the open pro class. 50 targets with no 8's.
            my comment was not about vanes it was about spine indexing vs just knoc tune looks to me tim just knoc tunes

Comment

Which one would you shoot?.....

BE Carnivore 250 w/ 50gr insert, 100gr head....486gr total, 13% or so FOC
              FMJ 300, 100gr head....530gr total, 10% or so FOC

Trying to decide between the two. Will the higher FOC be more forgiving arrow? I would believe the FMJ would win penetration because of the weight and smaller diameter. It seems the FMJ is the more forgiving arrow, comparing to the Carnivores without the 50gr insert, which I am shooting now. FMJ's are going 272fps and the Carnivores (w/o brass insert..450gr) 292fps.

Comment

Carnivore with 50gr insert.

Comment

Id go black eagle my cousin is shooting the carnivores and I shoot the deep impact with x impacts on the way. The carnivores are 450 and are hitting like a freight train !

Paging Chris Harris up front please !

Comment

I do like the Carnivores, great arrows, was leaning toward these. Want to add some weight though.

Comment

You can add plenty on the 250 and get the same total arrow weight of the fmj with just a whole bunch more FOC ! Tap !

Comment

Originally posted by Black Dog View Post
                        I do like the Carnivores, great arrows, was leaning toward these. Want to add some weight though.
                        you have a lot of options with black eagle its real easy to build a lot of FOC with the carnivore shaft which is why it is so popular. depending on draw weight/length you have several possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                          You can add plenty on the 250 and get the same total arrow weight of the fmj with just a whole bunch more FOC ! Tap !
                          Yeah, with a 100gr insert, would put the Carnivores at 536gr......hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Dog View Post
                            Yeah, with a 100gr insert, would put the Carnivores at 536gr......hmmm.
                            It's a bone breaking option talk with muddy he wI'll get u set up. I'm having some arrows built 425 gr with at least 20% foc or more

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                              you have a lot of options with black eagle its real easy to build a lot of FOC with the carnivore shaft which is why it is so popular. depending on draw weight/length you have several possibilities.
                              Shooting Hoyt Faktor LD, 69#, 31.5" draw.....arrows now are 31.5, gonna cut em to 31. Interesting it shoots both arrows well. Have bare shaft tuned the Carnivores out to 30yds and it shoots em like bullets. Funny thing is the 300 FMJ bare shaft almost the same.

Comment

Any suggestions other than hot melt for glueing the brass inserts in the Carnivores?

Comment

Working...
                                X