Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

I've always just rotated my knocs. I guess since I have a spine tester I should start indexing to. I shoot cock vane out. So I will have to do some playing to make sure stiff side is up

Comment

Ok I checked the two bare shafts that I'm testing with. One was stiff down. The other was stiff 90 degrees. I matched the stiff side up. Major difference.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
            Ok I checked the two bare shafts that I'm testing with. One was stiff down. The other was stiff 90 degrees. I matched the stiff side up. Major difference.

I'm not sure I fully understand.
            Here's what I'm reading.
            You indexed one nock to have the spine at 6 o clock.
            You indexed 2nd nock to either 3 or 9 o clock.

I'm not understanding what this means...
            Than you matched the stiff side up

Comment

He figured where his stiff side was and indexed it to the top and his groups shrank with bareshafts

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                I'm not sure I fully understand.
                Here's what I'm reading.
                You indexed one nock to have the spine at 6 o clock.
                You indexed 2nd nock to either 3 or 9 o clock.

I'm not understanding what this means...
                Than you matched the stiff side up

I believe he's saying that the way he originally had it one was at 6, one was at 9. He then changed them both to 12

Comment

Push sorry I didn't explain it very well. Hoyt21, and btguard coverd my screwup. I used my spine tester and found my stiff side of the arrow. One arrow was good the other was out so when I corrected this the shafts came together. It's funny how I've hunted for years and I killed a lot of animals and never did this much tuning. Guess I should have stayed of the Internet. Haha.

Looking at what I'm doing if your trying to build a arrow at a T.A.P. a spine tester is a tool that you need.

Comment

Well, shooting 10 rounds of 3 at 20 yards for a inter club contest, half way done now and shot a 142on the first 15 arrows

Comment

Finished with a 281. Not too bad, but definetly room to improve. One question though. When shooting my 4 arrows together, I pretty consistently had two two arrow groups. I numbered the arrows, and 1 groups with 3 and 2 groups with 4. One group will be in the center, and the second group is usually down an inch or two and to the left about the same distance. Why would this be?

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                        Finished with a 281. Not too bad, but definetly room to improve. One question though. When shooting my 4 arrows together, I pretty consistently had two two arrow groups. I numbered the arrows, and 1 groups with 3 and 2 groups with 4. One group will be in the center, and the second group is usually down an inch or two and to the left about the same distance. Why would this be?
                        This is why I'm starting to spine test and set the index. I see the same thang

I've always turned my knocs. New what it was just never put much thought into it. But today seeing what I saw after matching the two bare shafts. It may be worth the time
                        Last edited by enewman; 02-16-2015, 08:22 PM.

Comment

So will turning nocks help bring the groups in?

Comment

Newman send me ur contact info in a message. Getting released tomorrow so get some time off. I wanna shoot some questions at you

Comment

Yes it can.

I read a write up from the Tim guy at gold tip. One thing he said was he shoots all his arrows through paper. And rotateds his knocs so all the arrows have the same tear. What I don't know by doing that is how do you know where the stiff side is. But I'm seeing this may be a method to use if you don't have a spine tester.

Hard to tune arrows from your bow if they are not all shooting the same way first

Comment

Should. By nock tuning we are trying to find the stiff side of the arrow.
                                By putting the stiff side up, or out, it helps the arrow recover quicker.

I've read that each bow likes it it in a different spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X