Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    [ATTACH]677161[/ATTACH][ATTACH]677162[/ATTACH][ATTACH]677163[/ATTACH]
    Built these for TBH'r BTGuard yesterday. Black Eagle Carnivores .300 spine. 458 grain total weight with 15.75% FOC. Not too bad in the FOC department considering that they are so long (only cut .500" off a 32" raw shaft).
    BTGuard you shot anything with these yet?
    You Like them?
    they sure is pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      BTGuard you shot anything with these yet?

You Like them?

they sure is pretty!

Shot a target a few times with the MR7, waiting on the draw stop to come in for my Freak so I should get to fling some arrows this weekend. If the shop has some 150 gn tips on hand maybe I'll pick some up and see what happens. I'm not sure how to figure if the dynamic soine is off, so if there is an article somewhere on that, hook me up!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        Link don't work ! My luck
        Just search it it will pull up. He has done a good job on his product. And at a good price

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
          Shot a target a few times with the MR7, waiting on the draw stop to come in for my Freak so I should get to fling some arrows this weekend. If the shop has some 150 gn tips on hand maybe I'll pick some up and see what happens. I'm not sure how to figure if the dynamic soine is off, so if there is an article somewhere on that, hook me up!
          Before changing the tip. Shoot one fletch and one bare. Mark were there at. Then put the 150 and shoot again. And see where they hit. Might even do the same with some 100 gn and see. The tip that puts the bare and fletch the closet for the center shot you have set should be the tips you need to shoot.

When doing this I found that a very stiff arrow shoots good with my rest close to the rizer. And the arrow that is supposed to be right by the program shot the best when center shot is at or close to factory setting

Comment

I have a bunch of thoughts on bare shaft tuning. I will make a post latter this weekend. They will be my thoughts and results. There are others out they way way smarter then me on bare saft tunning

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Before changing the tip. Shoot one fletch and one bare. Mark were there at. Then put the 150 and shoot again. And see where they hit. Might even do the same with some 100 gn and see. The tip that puts the bare and fletch the closet for the center shot you have set should be the tips you need to shoot.

When doing this I found that a very stiff arrow shoots good with my rest close to the rizer. And the arrow that is supposed to be right by the program shot the best when center shot is at or close to factory setting

The stiff arrow shooting better with the rest closer to the riser makes sense for a right handed shooter. The stiffer the arrow out of a right handed bow, the arrow will veer slightly right. I'd be willing to bet that a light arrow would shoot better with the center shot set farther from the riser. To me, setting center shot at factory spec, then getting the best arrow for that makes the most sense to me.

Comment

Did you index your arrows?

Comment

Did you index your arrows?
                  No I did not.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                    No I did not.
                    Did u end up cutting a little more off the shafts ?

Comment

Did u end up cutting a little more off the shafts ?
                      I went from 28 inches to 26 inches. But I did that so I could get more foc. And to get above 500 gn on arrow

Comment

Have u ran a spine test at 26" to see how stiff they got with the 2" cut off. If your running 300 gr up front that's pretty dang good ! And I'd say a lot stiffer than advertised !

What r u trying to shoot at kjo?

Comment

Have u ran a spine test at 26" to see how stiff they got with the 2" cut off. If your running 300 gr up front that's pretty dang good ! And I'd say a lot stiffer than advertised !

What r u trying to shoot at kjo?

Not sure you can spine test a 26" arrow..
                          The pins on are set 28" apart with a 1.94 lb weight hung in the center

Comment

Not sure you can spine test a 26" arrow..
                            The pins on are set 28" apart with a 1.94 lb weight hung in the center
                            Dudley had one when he tested the carbon expresses that you could shorten and lengthen

Comment

Ok.
                              But doesn't that change the parameters of the test?
                              Wouldn't you need to adjust the weight accordingly?

Comment

All arrows are spine at 28 inches. So in the program it takes in account of that when you cut them. I could spine test them at this shorter lenth but all that will do is give me a number that dosent really mean any thing.

Years ago they where tested at 26 in with a 2 lb weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X