No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol we would prolly keep the new thread alive. From what I've gathered from bareshaft is

1) newmans way

2) yoke tuning the bare shaft to hit with a fletched shaft. This needs a press and good repeatable form

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

8) BTGuard is an Idiot Out Wandering About Now ~

I think we all came into this knowing I was just wandering about even the blind hog gets an acorn every once In a while!

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
        I think we all came into this knowing I was just wandering about even the blind hog gets an acorn every once In a while!
        Shoot even the three legged hog makes it to the feeder !

Comment

So the real FOC question, is should I bump my tip weight up to 150? What does that do to speed, would it mess up my spine? So many questions... This would put arrow weight to 485 or so, FOC to 16.5% or so, all out of a PSE Freak with drive cams.

Comment

Pushbutton. I love you to.

Comment

Hoyt. I'm still looking at this bare shaft tuning. I have questions my self. At this time as you've seen I got a bare and fletch hitting together. But the bare shaft is 18 gn liter. But yet it hits together. I'm going to do some more testing Saturday. Just to see a few things. In the beginning I was testing a way to find a stiff weak arrow with out the program. What I have found out was the reason I could not get the arrows to match the program was that the velocity arrows where not at 300 spine. It was at 310 to 315 spine. I think the program is great, but I think you need a spine tester to see where the arrows are at. and this has put me dang close to the program. The arrows spined at .282 average. The program tells me I need an .278. With what I have for the arrow now.
              Last edited by enewman; 02-12-2015, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I'm going to get some 27.5" 300 spine x impacts and shoot a 150 slick trick mag and some 150 xL silver flames. Muddies predicting 410-420 gr at 20% + foc.

Also gunna build some 28" 300 spine carnivores with standard insert with a 10 gr screw weight for some 175 xxl silver flames. With feathers. Hoping this arrow will weigh the same with same foc

What arrows are u shooting and length ?

Comment

Newman I should be home next week and will get straight to it wish I had a draw board

Prolly going to build one

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    Newman I should be home next week and will get straight to it wish I had a draw board

Prolly going to build one
                    There is a draw board a guy is saleing from archery talk. 150. I know you can build cheeper, but is set up I nice.

Also. Look at a spine tester. That one we build.

The last test that I showed the pic of was a 300'spine carnivor at 26 ctc with 300 total weight up front. I'm still not done with this arrow yet.

I'm in crunch mode now. Hunt in tree weeks

Comment

I need you to show me how to run a homemade spine tester

Comment

I need you to show me how to run a homemade spine tester
                        No problems. I will get some info this weekend for you. We are fixing to do some up grades on ours. I get some pics.

This is the place for the draw board. He even has to shooting machines. The top one is around 650 or so. I. Thinking of saving my penny's.
                        Last edited by enewman; 02-12-2015, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                          So the real FOC question, is should I bump my tip weight up to 150? What does that do to speed, would it mess up my spine? So many questions... This would put arrow weight to 485 or so, FOC to 16.5% or so, all out of a PSE Freak with drive cams.
                          I'll try to answer them in order

Yes, Maybe :-)

For every 3 grains of weight your arrow is over IBO (5 grains per pound) you will lose 1 FPS.
                          taken form
                          http://backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/toolsOLD.php

Does your current arrow have enough Dynamic spine for a heavier tip?

Are you using standard inserts?
                          If not how much extra weight are you already running up front?

Is the diameter of your ferrule larger than your insert? Dr. Ashby's Study claims a 30% gain in penetration if it is.

My Strother Moxie is flinging 452 grin arrow 278 fps. It's a 65# bow maxed at 68#.

I would try it and see.... worst thing is you won't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                            No problems. I will get some info this weekend for you. We are fixing to do some up grades on ours. I get some pics.

This is the place for the draw board. He even has to shooting machines. The top one is around 650 or so. I. Thinking of saving my penny's.

Link don't work ! My luck

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              Hoyt. I'm still looking at this bare shaft tuning. I have questions my self. At this time as you've seen I got a bare and fletch hitting together. But the bare shaft is 18 gn liter. But yet it hits together. I'm going to do some more testing Saturday. Just to see a few things. In the beginning I was testing a way to find a stiff weak arrow with out the program. What I have found out was the reason I could not get the arrows to match the program was that the velocity arrows where not at 300 spine. It was at 310 to 315 spine. I think the program is great, but I think you need a spine tester to see where the arrows are at. and this has put me dang close to the program. The arrows spined at .282 average. The program tells me I need an .278. With what I have for the arrow now.
                              Why I ponder... its missing the fletching!!! The village idiot wins

BUT that makes it a % or 2 higher FOC.
                              How does that affect, or is it effect, T.A.P and the trajectory......
                              not enough to worry about?.......

Comment

link don't work ! My luck
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X