FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    You should talk to bear foot archery and see if he has any ideas, he's to original cable rod guru. Just don't know what you would do without the rollover guard.
    It's shoots fine. I just want to improve my 100 yard shoot. I think im going to have to remove some of the torque. But with the adjustment. I've made to the arrow. I will not shoot two arrows at same spot at 20 now and I'm not even really tuned yet. Still thinking about cutting another inch off the arrows and putting an 240 gn tip on it.

Comment

I got a call from the archery shop today ..... Evidently I ordered a new axcel accutouch single pin with dove tail sight lol. Never shot a single pin but hoping to tighten up my long range. We shall see. If not up for sale it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
        I got a call from the archery shop today ..... Evidently I ordered a new axcel accutouch single pin with dove tail sight lol. Never shot a single pin but hoping to tighten up my long range. We shall see. If not up for sale it goes.

http://axcelsights.com/accutouchpro.html

I started shooting single pin a couple years ago and the simplicity is great on it. I won't be going back

Comment

I shoot both tournaments and hunting bows...very good at both, but to be honest I'm not good enough nor do I think most are to have or show any true advantages for fine tuning FOC...the archer not the equipment should more of a focus as practice and accuracy will pay mor dividends that FOC...I've worked in bow shops and there were years speed was the flavor, then broad heads, then single or dual cams, then back to speed...in all, FOC means nothing if you are not willing to take ethical shots from a distance and angel that you are proficient at!

Comment

Originally posted by ken1965 View Post
            I shoot both tournaments and hunting bows...very good at both, but to be honest I'm not good enough nor do I think most are to have or show any true advantages for fine tuning FOC...the archer not the equipment should more of a focus as practice and accuracy will pay mor dividends that FOC...I've worked in bow shops and there were years speed was the flavor, then broad heads, then single or dual cams, then back to speed...in all, FOC means nothing if you are not willing to take ethical shots from a distance and angel that you are proficient at!
            I don't think anywhere in this post have we talked about building high foc arrows so we can take un ethical shots. Most of this post was building a arrow to help for that bad shot.

But this is what a fine tune 26.6% foc arrows look like at 20 yards
            Attached Files
            Last edited by enewman; 02-11-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Deer at 80 quartering to not a problem !

Comment

I have a tuning question.
                Should we start a new thread?
                I think we should.

Comment

No way this is pages of epicness lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    I have a tuning question.
                    Should we start a new thread?
                    I think we should.

Depends on what the question is! And who you want to answer. I think most have stopped looking at this other then the people that contribute

Comment

And over 17,000 views

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
                        Depends on what the question is! And who you want to answer. I think most have stopped looking at this other then the people that contribute
                        I'm with btguard. If it's on tuning. We might want to start another thread. See if we can get as big as this post

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                          I'm with btguard. If it's on tuning. We might want to start another thread. See if we can get as big as this post

It's amazing to me.
                          It started off as a simple quest for knowledge and we've become friends!

My question is bare shaft tuning.
                          I searched it and saw enewmans thread.

So here it is.

Which arrow do I use?
                          I have 2.
                          My current High FOC arrows or my standard arrows?

Why? If I switch spines in my arrows do I need to re tune my bow?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            It's amazing to me.
                            It started off as a simple quest for knowledge and we've become friends!

My question is bare shaft tuning.
                            I searched it and saw enewmans thread.

So here it is.

Which arrow do I use?
                            I have 2.
                            My current High FOC arrows or my standard arrows?

Why? If I switch spines in my arrows do I need to re tune my bow?

I would say you need to use the same arrow. The poi changes with spine, so you might be chasing your tail trying to get the same poi with 2 different spines arrows. For example a light spine arrow shoots to the left I believe, so it could throw off your results.

Comment

I agree.

But which one do I use the same of?

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by enewman View Post

Ok!!!

Let's start a new thread on tuning!
                                Here's MY vision, please add yours.
                                I liked to answer the 5 W's and H ofTuning our bow to Fit us.
                                Who, What, When, Where, Why and How.

I think I'd like to use the Vince Lombardi quote as direction for the new thread.p

What should we name it?

1) Tuning Increase

2) FOC Increase mastered Tunings next

3) Perfection sought Excellence expected

4) How to achieve Excellence in Tuning

5) Help I'm tall and Eric's not ' LOL

6) Muddy's Arrow Graduate Class

7) Bowhuntntxn Shut up and Hunt already

8) BTGuard is an Idiot Out Wandering About Now ~

That was fun!
                                I missed a bunch of you guys that really really helped me out!!!

I Love Everyone of you like I Love Jesus Christ! With out Him there would be none of this.

My concern is that this thread will die '

Comment

Working...
                                X