FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    I was looking at a freak. Never had a chance to shoot one before I found my Strother Moxie.

Let us know what you think

You shoot an awesome bow.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
      You'll have to come to Iowa

I pm'd you about that

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
        You shoot an awesome bow.

:thumbup:

Now it's time to shank something with it!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          Gold tip 22 series arrows are thin walled and not real durable. When I shot 3d with them I had some actually snap in the targets. So for hunting I am not sure they would stand up to the beating you might give them, especially with all that weight up front.

You guys do realize the longer you dabble about what arrow to shoot you are costing yourself hunting time. But hey what do I know...

shoot whatever floats your boat, we all want to be happy. been shooting pigs year around for over three years with gt .22's never had a structural failure yet.

arrow stays in pig it's probably toast, passthrough probably good doesn't matter much what shaft. shoot a bunch of pigs you will break some arrows, just happens but structural failure not seeing it.

not saying anyone should shoot them, just saying if they interest you don't let anyone run you off the idea.

Comment

Ok big boys. I just shot a test arrow. It's 542 gn. It has 24% foc. It shot 250 fps.

That is .601 M O M E N T UM. Haha not bad for a short guy. That is at 66 lb.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              Ok big boys. I just shot a test arrow. It's 542 gn. It has 24% foc. It shot 250 fps.

I like those numbers ! I'd prolly be shooting 275fps with that arrow. Good stuff Newman. What was the fine verdict with spine testing

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post

Well done, who does it tune?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  I like those numbers ! I'd prolly be shooting 275fps with that arrow. Good stuff Newman. What was the fine verdict with spine testing
                  I'm still testing. That arrow is 28 long. Thinking about cutting and adding more weight. That arrow has 275 total up,front. Have not done any tuning yet.

Also. Just to let you know. If I back them numbers out that makes my ibo 361. Hehe

I did shoot one fletch and one bare. The bare was straight above the fletch about 2 inches this was at 20 yards
                  Last edited by enewman; 02-06-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

FOC increase

Guy contacted me and wanted some arrows. Offered to build a 612 @ 24.5%, for him......... He never responded once I came back with the specs......... Said he needed to be between 40-50%?

Comment

Guy contacted me and wanted some arrows. Offered to build a 612 @ 24.5%, for him......... He never responded once I came back with the specs......... Said he needed to be between 40-50%?
                      I was wondering if this kinda f o c was possible

Comment

Whats he hunting? T-Rex? :-)

Is that even possible?

Off the top of my head I'd say a EFOC Grizzly Stick in 175 spine and what like 500 grains up front?

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                          I was wondering if this kinda f o c was possible

UEFOC; yes it is possible, it's anything north of 30%. You just can't do practically speaking with a conventional shaft. There is a threshold at around 26% where we just rap the shaft out in terms of spine, even at shorter arrow lengths. Couple that amount of tip weight with somebody shooting 70#'s, shaft is going to be weak. You are looking
                          at a tapered shaft to build that type of UEFOC, or should I say build it properly.

Comment

UEFOC; yes it is possible, it's anything north of 30%. You just can't do practically speaking with a conventional shaft. There is a threshold at around 26% where we just rap the shaft out in terms of spine, even at shorter arrow lengths. Couple that amount of tip weight with somebody shooting 70#'s, shaft is going to be weak. You are looking
                            at a tapered shaft to build that type of UEFOC, or should I say build it properly.
                            How many grains up front ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                              Whats he hunting? T-Rex? :-)

Is that even possible?

Off the top of my head I'd say a EFOC Grizzly Stick in 175 spine and what like 500 grains up front?

That's how you do it. Just remember guys, 100 grains is only going to get you about 5-6% increase in FOC. So I had 24.5% with 320 up front that means I would have to add about 120 to get to 30+%, that's 440 grains tip weight. That 250 Carnivore isn't going to hold that at 27.750 x 70#'s.

Comment

Just to look. I took the test arrow. Nits 28 in carbon to carbon. It has 18 gn fletch. With 50 gn insert and a 225 gn tip. I installed a 435 gn tip. It now has 33 % foc. So It took a total of 485 gn up front just to get to 33% foc. So over 800 gn up front to get to 50% foc with the arrow I have. Don't think I would shoot it. But I'm fixing to shoot the one with the 435 gn tip
                                Last edited by enewman; 02-06-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X