FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
    Lol well her first shot at a living animal was a heart shot to a hog that ran every bit of 30 yards if that sow didn't even make it back to the tree line. 17 yard shot. My first kill was a spine shot boar lol so yea she can shoot better than me lol
    So. I'm short. But you get out shot by a girl. Haha I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
      So. I'm short. But you get out shot by a girl. Haha I like it.

Your short, I'm a bad shot and push is too tall to get a light high foc arrow lol.

So if your .250 to .280 that puts those carnivores right on the money at .300 at 28" then or should ?

Comment

Your short, I'm a bad shot and push is too tall to get a light high foc arrow lol.

So if your .250 to .280 that puts those carnivores right on the money at .300 at 28" then or should ?
        The three amigos. Haha

I tested them at 28 inches. I look at that as a bonus. If I want that means I can add even more weight up front if I want.

Comment

The three amigos. Haha

I tested them at 28 inches. I look at that as a bonus. If I want that means I can add even more weight up front if I want.
          That's what I got from it , what kind of weight up front are you looking at? What will these be cut too 23"?

Comment

If all else is the same, and I go with a 100 grain insert vs a standard insert, can I probably just go 1 level stiffer on the shaft (400 spine to 340) or would yall think I would need to drop to a 300 spine? I shoot an obsession sniper lt at 63# @30" with 100 gn broadhead. I know I should probably already be shooting the 340 spine, but got a good deal on the 400s and got them to shoot pretty well through paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
              If all else is the same, and I go with a 100 grain insert vs a standard insert, can I probably just go 1 level stiffer on the shaft (400 spine to 340) or would yall think I would need to drop to a 300 spine? I shoot an obsession sniper lt at 63# @30" with 100 gn broadhead. I know I should probably already be shooting the 340 spine, but got a good deal on the 400s and got them to shoot pretty well through paper.
              I'd say a .300 if not a .250 your looking at the start 200 grains up front. And this is from talks about push being blessed with a long draw like yourself

Comment

I'd say a .300 if not a .250 your looking at the start 200 grains up front. And this is from talks about push being blessed with a long draw like yourself

It's not always a blessing!
                I've got him beat by one and one half inches on draw...
                My selection of bows is drastically limited.
                Let alone building a High FOC Arrow.

I just got my W2. IF I get a refund, I'm gonna have muddy build me some arrows.
                I owed $350 last year. I don't have health insurance so I have no idea what's going to happen this year

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post

I owed $350 last year. I don't have health insurance so I have no idea what's going to happen this year
                  Man that's tuff. I'm hoping to be getting on some x impacts soon. Get ready for next year !

Comment

That's what I got from it , what kind of weight up front are you looking at? What will these be cut too 23"?
                    Haha no I'm not cutting them at 23in. I was thinking more girly then that. Like 21 in

If I leave my 50 gn insert with 175 tip. Programs says 28 in. This is what I'm thinking about doing for now. Longer arrow more stable for long shots. This puts the arrow around 491 at 21% foc. If I leave them at 26.5 long I can have an 100 gn insert for a total of 275 up front. Arrow would be 528 with foc 24%.

The momentum on first arrow should be around .571 and second arrow around .586.

Comment

If we be the trace amigos which on of is the leader?
                      We can't arm or thumb wrestle for it.
                      Enewman don't have enough bow to shoot 60 yds
                      Hoyt21s wife is a better shot than he is
                      I'm oxygen deprived

Maybe muddy because he's our arrow guru

Lol

Comment

I feel your pain, my natural draw is really 31" but that limits my bow selection, so I just went with a 30" and changed my anchor along time ago and just got used to it! Lol

Comment

Muddy the brains behind this operation lol. We're just testers

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                            I'm with hoyt21. At that draw you prolly should be shooting 340 now.
                            To add 100 gn insert you will have to go to a 300 spine and cut short.

This will depend on what brand of arrows you buy. My gold tip velocitys run weak and it looks like the carnivors I just got are running stiff

Comment

If we be the trace amigos which on of is the leader?
                              We can't arm or thumb wrestle for it.
                              Enewman don't have enough bow to shoot 60 yds
                              Hoyt21s wife is a better shot than he is
                              I'm oxygen deprived

Maybe muddy because he's our arrow guru

Lol
                              No way. I'm the the one with short man syndrome. IM THE LEADER.

Comment

I'm with hoyt21. At that draw you prolly should be shooting 340 now.
                                To add 100 gn insert you will have to go to a 300 spine and cut short.

This will depend on what brand of arrows you buy. My gold tip velocitys run weak and it looks like the carnivors I just got are running stiff
                                I have been debating going with the velocity shafts myself, but also considering the carnivores because I only have heard good things about them.

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X