No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol I'm thinking it's stuck in a tree cause I only looked down not up!! On a side note I've shot a a pig and a doe with the DRts. My wife shot a pig also with the drt. So that's three kills with them this year. I like the performance better on pigs than I did on deer. The blood trail was good on the deer but not great like a slick trick. Shot placement was a little above the heart double lung on the doe. The hogs were hit in the arm pits. If I'm gunna use this style head it will be a soild or German kinetic cause I want the bigger cutting surface. The hogs blood trails were way better but that's comes with being hit low in the cavity

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420763683.159202.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	24356296
      Well fellas they came in. I'm still trying to wrap my head around these things. They are simply massive! I will start putting the arrows together tomorrow as time permits between baby pictures and Mama's hair appt. I'm really stoked about the new set-up, it's going to be a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
        [ATTACH]684783[/ATTACH]
        Well fellas they came in. I'm still trying to wrap my head around these things. They are simply massive! I will start putting the arrows together tomorrow as time permits between baby pictures and Mama's hair appt. I'm really stoked about the new set-up, it's going to be a keeper.
        I've looked at the Sharks. I'm not good at sharpening. So I went to the kme sharpener for broadheads. It does straight edge heads. I can get my zwickys hair sharp. With the Sharks I would have to use a different sharpners.

They look great tho. I like the sb-40. 190 gn
        Last edited by enewman; 01-08-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by LateStart View Post
          So I have been following this thread, for informational purposes, and been wondering if the amt of FOC makes any difference for 3D shooting. I currently am shooting a E32 66lbs @29" draw and was wondering about a decent arrow for a 3D setup. oh and BTW I am shooting 250 Momentum Grizzlystik @ 671gr total weight with 21% FOC, quiet as all get out and knocks through everything I have shot so far, just alot of pin gap/adjustment for 3D purposes. Any suggestions?
          Does FOC make a difference shooting 3-d, no it does not. As a general rule high FOC arrows are usually more forgiving and recover better /faster from things like a sloppy release. We generally require less fletching shooting paper because as we all know field points are more forgiving than broadheads. Dynamic spine is more stable and predictable as well.
          Now, can that make YOU a better 3-d shooter? I don't know maybe? 3-d guys generally shoot less arrow and FOC. Flat trajectory is at a premium so that is usually the focus and lends itself to an arrow with a different profile. But hey it you shoot the awesome set-up you do well I'd role with that!
          Last edited by muddyfuzzy; 01-08-2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Dude the sharks 165 gr with bleeders should be ruthless and priced right or the 190 at 2" cut these things are priced right !

Comment

They are pretty awesome bro, may be the solution to your Nilgai question.

Comment

They are pretty awesome bro, may be the solution to your Nilgai question.
                These on a x impact ! How sharp out of package?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                  These on a x impact ! How sharp out of package?
                  that's the plan. they have a good edge but I will strop them before I use them.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420937687.593812.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24357848Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420937697.225238.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	24357849
                    Looking like some FOC going on tonight........................................

Comment

FOC increase

[ATTACH]685264[/ATTACH][ATTACH]685265[/ATTACH]
                      Looking like some FOC going on tonight........................................
                      Looking good!

100 grain brass inserts?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                        Looking good!

100 grain brass inserts?

No Push, these are 42's stacked with 20's running a 125 grain head. They might seem a little stiff but then again they are coming out of a 80# E35 @ 29"s.

Comment

Another good job by muddy. What is the Finnish specs on them arrows

Comment

No Push, these are 42's stacked with 20's running a 125 grain head. They might seem a little stiff but then again they are coming out of a 80# E35 @ 29"s.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              Another good job by muddy. What is the Finnish specs on them arrows
                              hard to say, I am only cutting/prepping shafts and installing the inserts on these. Based off what the customer told me I think we are looking at an arrow around 500-510 with around 16% FOC.

Comment

Well boys keeping this between us. I hope to be running a deep impact through this sucker. This is not high fenced. And in my home town. I cleared my week schedule.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X