New to bow hunting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to bow hunting!

Hello all, just wanted to get some advice as Iam new to now hunting and to the site here. Looking to see what might be a decent bow to start with but not too harsh on the pocket book. My friends have told me to stick with Bowtech, Matthews, and Hoyt. And help is welcome!

2 Timothy 2:3-4

Don't limit yourself because your friends think they know which bows are best. They are all good, I would recommend PSE. They have many affordable bows and packages and are up there with the best.

Comment

all are capable. do you want top speed or quietest bow. it's all about what your wants and budget

Comment

I would avg speed but more on the quiet side. Budget from $300-500 thanks for your tops.

Comment

I haven't picked up a bow since I was 15 (32 now) My first one was some Bear bow from walmart. About a month ago I went to a friends who has a few different ones to decide if my shoulder was ok enough to get back into archery. Hopefully I will be able to get the funds to get another bear, I really like that Attitude. Check out Huntersfriend.com they have a nice selection on awesome kits from different brands, I think you can go to Gander Mountain and ask to test the bow you like.

Comment

It's like when ur a teen ya kiss a bunch of different girls ..some good some suck ,but ya have to kiss them all ...then ya think you have found ur true love and years later ya break it off and find another...kiss all the different bows my man...you will know when ya find the right one

Comment

Matthews, Bowtech and Hoyt are probably the most expensive. Don't buy a bow based on the brand, buy a bow based on how it feels to you. It will pick you! I personally shoot Bear. Love those bows. Honestly, pretty much any bow you buy these days will get the job done, regardless of what your friends tell you. I was in your shoes 2 years ago. I did a lot if internet research ( A LOT!) before I purchased my first bow. Knowledge is key. You can get some great bows within your price range, but expect to spend around $200 or more for your release, stabilizer, sight, peep, d loop, arrows, rest, etc. I'd recommend checking out huntersfriend.com. They have Ready To Hunt (RTH) packages where all you gotta do is shoot! Good luck!

Comment

this
                http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=elite

if the trade doesn't go through.

Comment

I got my Bear(RTH) bow at cabelas for about $500. They were good to me and answered all my questions. This is my first try at hunting with a bow. Good Luck.

Comment

Sweet thanks everyone! Hope you all have a Blessed day!

Comment

I made the plunge with the Bear Encounter when it was on clearance at Cabela's a couple of months ago. All the reviews were positive for the price and I've done alright during practice so far. My brother-in-law got a Matthew's Creed and it's a race car compared to mine, but I think both will get the job done!

Comment

If you live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area, go to CCR. They handle almost every brand of bow there is. Tell them your budget, then shoot EVERYHTING they have at your specific set up. When you walk out of there with your new bow, you won't wonder if you made the right decision. Like others have said. Don't go into this, trying to buy a brand that someone else has recommended. It's your money, buy what fits you the best. Good luck and welcome to a wonderful sport.

Comment

If your wanting to stay within the $300-$500 range stay away from the big 4( bowtech, mathews, hoyt, elite) I would suggest pse or diamond. Dimond bows get my vote, theyare bowtech bows, just single cam and different styling.

Comment

I am new and don't know anything, but I like my mission ballistic and it is $499.00 bare bow.

Comment

I live in northern collin county area, Anna to be exact. There's a Big Os Archery in Sherman I was thinking about visiting them and the Cabelas in Allen is the other store I will be visiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X