Peep Turning when I draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep Turning when I draw

I just got my bow re-strung and when I draw back, the peep rotates 180 degrees, thus me not being able to see through the peep.

This is the first time that I've ever had a bow re-strung, and my lingo may be a bit off.

How can I fix this? Athe bow shop that re-strung is a couple of hours away.

Thanks for the help.

If its out that much you will have to press the bow and add turn to the string to get it to line up. Lots of videos online of how to press without an actual press, I personally wouldn't risk those, but if you are really far from a shop might be best option.

Comment

get your d loop re-tied. (if you use one)

Comment

not sure what kind of string you had installed, but, might need some time to get settled in. was the peep served in, or, only knots above and below the peep ?

try moving your loop around and tightening it to force your peep to come around when you draw.

Comment

Nothing out of the ordinary. A lot of bows need to be shot about 50x's after being re-strung then put back in a press to give the string a twist.

Comment

The loop is served in. I tried moving the D-loop, but it's pretty tight.

Comment

A peep aligner solves this problem without fail. It's not cool to have one on your bow these days, it seems. But if you do your peep will always be pointed the right direction when you draw your bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                A peep aligner solves this problem without fail. It's not cool to have one on your bow these days, it seems. But if you do your peep will always be pointed the right direction when you draw your bow.
                ya but those darn things break at the most inopportune times.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                  Plus loud and slows your bow down.

Comment

Same issue a few weeks ago.. Easy fix: take it to the bow shop.. My guy had it done in a bow press in the blink of an eye. New strings can stretch after you shoot them a bit so while it may have been aligned at first it could move as you continue to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                      Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Plus loud and slows your bow down.
                      I've used one for years, and I've never had one break. I replace the tubing at the beginning of every season. When you don't have one, your peep will turn at the most inopportune times though. Just going by the number of "my peep is twisted" threads on TBH compared to the lack of "my tubing broke" threads tells me which problem is more likely to happen.

I've shot next to other people who have commented how quiet my bow is (Bear Carnage) compared to theirs. And it shoots pretty dang fast too. If it is costing me more than 2fps, I'd be shocked. I do know that I'll be able to see through my peep every time I draw though, so that's a pretty good trade in my opinion. To each his own, of course. But I have not found all the supposed problems with peep aligners to actually be problems. It works great for me.

Comment

I've used one for years, and I've never had one break. I replace the tubing at the beginning of every season. When you don't have one, your peep will turn at the most inopportune times though. Just going by the number of "my peep is twisted" threads on TBH compared to the lack of "my tubing broke" threads tells me which problem is more likely to happen.

I've shot next to other people who have commented how quiet my bow is (Bear Carnage) compared to theirs. And it shoots pretty dang fast too. If it is costing me more than 2fps, I'd be shocked. I do know that I'll be able to see through my peep every time I draw though, so that's a pretty good trade in my opinion. To each his own, of course. But I have not found all the supposed problems with peep aligners to actually be problems. It works great for me.
                        well, you shoot a carnage, so you must be extremely cool!

Comment

Tried fixing the D-loop. It slid okay, but didn't change anything. Still spinning

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                            Tried fixing the D-loop. It slid okay, but didn't change anything. Still spinning
                            take it to a bowshop. I had this exact problem. They will retie it for you very quick and easy. Cheap too.

Comment

I recently switched to the tubing and like it much better. I would have to twist the peep each shot to get the string clear of peep. My accuracy is much better as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X