Which broadhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which broadhead?

Looking for a field point accurate cut on contact head for elk. I have it narrowed down to the Shuttle T black ops, QAD Exodus, or the Slick Trick Magnums. What's y'all's take on these heads?

Used the Shuttle T for a long time with no issues, but I've been using Slick Trick Mags since last year and they will be my broadhead for a very long time. They leave hole like a wad cutter/slug. I bet any of the three you listed will work great.

Comment

Heard a lot of good things about the exodus. It's what everybody in my family uses except me. I use slick truck magnums. The shuttle T flies good but the blades bend easy

Comment

125 gr Slick Trick Mag, I could have stuck a 1" rod all the way through her. They fly like my field points and just plain work!

Comment

I can tell with my set up..I had to make a small adjustment to my site when shooting shuttle ts and slicktricks but after that its dead on out to 80yrds ..I'm going with sl 100 mags on my elk hunt...just becouse they are razor sharp compared to shuttle ts...jmo..and if I need to make the long shoot I want the a very sharp broadhead....good luck on your elk hunt...
          I shoot a pse omen pro 27' @ 60#...

Comment

Slick Trick Mags and don't look back. You'll be happy

Comment

Technically neither of the heads you listed are cut-on-contact heads. They are chisel tipped fixed blade heads. If you want a true cut-on-contact head you need to look at heads like the Razortricks, Razorcaps, Magnus Snuffer, G-5 Montec etc...

Comment

What Smart said, but any of the heads you mentioned will work fine.

Comment

You cannot go wrong with any of those heads. I have killed elk with the exodus and slick trick. Both performed excellent. I have shot several deer, pigs and a big antelope with the shuttle t. Worked well. If you made me pick one for elk I would shoot the exodus but there would be a good chance of a slick trick being in the quiver as well!

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                    Looking for a field point accurate cut on contact head for elk. I have it narrowed down to the Shuttle T black ops, QAD Exodus, or the Slick Trick Magnums. What's y'all's take on these heads?

None of those are cut on contact fixed heads.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      None of those are cut on contact fixed heads.
                      Ok

Comment

Haven't shot much with them, but the slick tricks fly like a charm and I've read nothing but great reviews on them. All those who get to hunt a lot more and kill a lot more have nothing but good words about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Technically neither of the heads you listed are cut-on-contact heads. They are chisel tipped fixed blade heads. If you want a true cut-on-contact head you need to look at heads like the Razortricks, Razorcaps, Magnus Snuffer, G-5 Montec etc...
                          This ^^^^^

That's why they call him SMART

Comment

Which broadhead?

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Buddy I was on my phone just for a second when I replied and didn't see you had explained. My bad!!!

LU one of the few times you'll see me pick a 3 blade over a 4. But on Elk I would go with the Shuttle. They are as tough as it gets. Super simple to re sharpen and take a Diamond hone and slick the tip up. It is another broadhead I have sent from near ham to off and out of the off shoulder of a whitetail. The difference with the Shuttle was I never found the arrow. That's how fast it made it thru and out.
                            Last edited by JW; 08-25-2014, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Love Shuttle T's. They are amazing and do some serious damage

Comment

Working...
                              X