Fellow speed freaks, I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow speed freaks, I need your help!

I am running low on arrows for the first time in a couple years, and want to get a dozen to last me another few years. I'm shooting a mathews chill 28/65 with 28.5 inch arrows 100 gr viper tricks and blazer vanes with no wraps.

What arrows do you guys shoot to maintain speeds close to or above 300?? I've been looking at good tip velocity, but wanted some input from the GS on brands I may have not thought of.

Almost identical to my setup, following...

Comment

black eagle carnivores are very durable and fly very well. 400's run 6.8 gpi and 350's a mere 7.5. you could probably get 400's to tune with your set-up or you could also go 350. either way you would be looking at an arrow in the 365-375 grain range depending on vane and nock set-up......... very very fast set-up.

Comment

I'm running easton da torch arrows through a 29" 62 pound DNA and love them. Only problem is that they cost way too much. In fact I do most of my back yard practice which is 32 yards max with the slightly heavier axis arrows to save these. Once their gone I'm looking for something a little cheaper.

Comment

black eagle carnivores!

Comment

I shoot gold tip velocity 300's. You could shoot the 400s

Comment

Dang... 7.5gpi is crazy!!! That's extremely close to 5gpp!

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                Dang... 7.5gpi is crazy!!! That's extremely close to 5gpp!
                7.5 is pretty safe imo

Comment

I'm about to buy a dozen Carnivores as well. One thing I'm really not educated on is the .001" vs. the .003". I noticed the .003" is quite a bit cheaper. Can someone help me out with that?

Comment

I was shooting Easton flatlines at around 323fps. Switched to GT Pro Hunters and I'm still over 300. I liked the flatlines just went with the GT's because I wanted a little more weight.

Comment

5 gpp is all that is needed for most bow companies warranties. Think of it this way, at 6 gpp of draw a bow shooting 70#'s would need a 420 grain arrow and that is not light by any means. To be warrantied an arrow out of the bow would only need to weigh 350 grains. Anything approaching 7 and over is going to be heavy to most bowhunters.

Comment

If you want more speed you gotta get away from Mathews bows. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          doh! lol

Easton Hexx or Da Torch...same arrow but da torch is the waddell edition. Great arrows. Really fast. I love them.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I'll take my 333 ibo... I can sling 365 grains at 318 with it...

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                              I'll take my 333 ibo... I can sling 365 grains at 318 with it...
                              I would have to see it to believe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X