Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

South Texas Tripods and Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Tripods and Feeders

Anybody have any experience bowhunting out of a tripod made by them? It seems like it would be difficult to balance on the rebar ring for footing. New to bowhunting this year and don't want to but a new tripod because it worked great for rifle hunting. http://www.southtexastripodsandfeeders.com

I have their shortest tripod and it rocks!! I think it's 6'...if they make a shorter one, I'll get it!!

Quiet & the rifle rest works well too...very stable & solid product!!

Comment

I'm wondering if your question is about standing and shooting, if it is, then no that will not work. Shoot from a sitting position.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        I'm wondering if your question is about standing and shooting, if it is, then no that will not work. Shoot from a sitting position.
        Bingo, I was told they made the foot ring very small to limit you ability to stand....not sure how true that is but it works. You shouldn't stand on one.

I have the 16' model and it's great. The only stand that can be easily moved and set up in minutes by one person. The 16 is a bit tall for most application but in the post oak region where I hunt it allows you set it back off the brush line and shoot over the top of most brush. The deer never know I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post

My question was about standing and shooting and that was my thought was that I wasn't gunna be able to stand and shoot. Thanks for the input, guess I'll have to practice shooting sitting down.

Comment

yep, the ring is too small for standing but very sturdy...gotta sit & shoot.

they are so easy to move around...wish there was a ground model.

I may cement some pipe in a couple of favorite areas & just set my seat on the ground level

Comment

just know their 10 ft stand isn't 10 feet to the seat or foot rest, it's 10 ft to eye level sitting in stand. fyi

Comment

I have the 13 ft run n gun tripod. It's expensive but really cool. I had a friend weld a bowholder on it so it's very comfortable. And easy to move. I recommend the tripod.

Comment

I have their shortest model and love it. It can be tucked away rather easily and moved around VERY easily. Is a bit tricky to get in and out of, but other than that it's very comfortable and easy to shoot out of. Just make sure you have it on the levelest ground you can find. It can get a little sketchy if leaning one way or another and you put your weight in that direction (at least for me, i'm 250#....)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter.280 View Post
                    My question was about standing and shooting and that was my thought was that I wasn't gunna be able to stand and shoot. Thanks for the input, guess I'll have to practice shooting sitting down.
                    Yep, practice shooting sitting down. I never stand and shoot even when I can because that is just extra movement for animals to pick you off. It's very easy to shoot while in a seated position. Good luck

Comment

I haven't shot a bow while standing in over 20 years. I never stand while hunting so I see no reason to practice while standing.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I got the 13ft model last year and I loved how light it was but was wondering it was for bowhunting. Apparently it's pretty good for bowhunting so thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter.280 View Post
                          Thanks everyone! I got the 13ft model last year and I loved how light it was but was wondering it was for bowhunting. Apparently it's pretty good for bowhunting so thanks again.

And with the rail attachment it could be good for rifle hunting as well!

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            And with the rail attachment it could be good for rifle hunting as well!

It's great with the rail attachment for holding your rifle. That's where my rifle sat for most of deer season last year.

Comment

Yea, I have the 2 of the 10 or 11' height ones, and they are great for bow or rifle. They also have a bow holder attachment, but fyi, it isn't worth a ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X