Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feathers and wb rest

How well do feathers work shooting thru wb rest

It will work just plan on refletching more often as it will accelerate wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
      It will work just plan on refletching more often as it will accelerate wear.

Thx. Thought about trying some. May just keep shooting vanes.

Comment

They shoot awesome through a biscuit but it does wear the edges of the feathers down.They do last a while before needing new fletchings!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
          They shoot awesome through a biscuit but it does wear the edges of the feathers down.They do last a while before needing new fletchings!

Which ones u shoot?

Comment

I've shot 2"shield and 3"parabolic and like them both! I may like the 3" parabolic feathers best!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
              I've shot 2"shield and 3"parabolic and like them both! I may like the 3" parabolic feathers best!

Ok, thx. I was thinkin of tryin the rayzrs. Do u use wraps? Right wing i assume? Ive got a blazer helix fletcher and a az ez fletch(not a mini).

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Bought 36 green rayzr rw. Gonna give em a try

Comment

Blazers seemed to work the best for me with the biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                      Bought 36 green rayzr rw. Gonna give em a try
                      good feathers, just make sure you separate them by base height.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                        good feathers, just make sure you separate them by base height.

Explain please

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          Explain please
                          since feathers are processed from a bird there is some variation in the profile, they are not all identical like vanes. some will have thicker bases than others, this will cause them to fletch differently. this in itself not a problem but they will end up looking funny on the arrow. just lay them out and match feathers with similar profiles with one another. if they are the same they should steer the same.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            since feathers are processed from a bird there is some variation in the profile, they are not all identical like vanes. some will have thicker bases than others, this will cause them to fletch differently. this in itself not a problem but they will end up looking funny on the arrow. just lay them out and match feathers with similar profiles with one another. if they are the same they should steer the same.

Thx, they should be ok with the bohning blazer helix fletcher?

Comment

Working...
                            X