three track binary anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

three track binary anybody?

new strother moxie. 38/7 I believe, shoot through three track binary.

discuss.
    Attached Files

Have you shot it?

Comment

Is that ambidextrous? Looks pretty complicated to me... I feel as if it would have to have pretty significant performance gains over "traditional" compounds to be worth the hassle of extra cables, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Have you shot it?
        no, its a pick from an employee bow I understand and is still in the prototyping phase I hear. not entirely new technology but nice to see something different for a change. supposed to be real nice, and make good speed. this is how you build a bow with zero cam lean.

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
          Is that ambidextrous? Looks pretty complicated to me... I feel as if it would have to have pretty significant performance gains over "traditional" compounds to be worth the hassle of extra cables, etc.
          yes it is amb. not really, look at the pro scene, shoot through risers dominate the field. loading one is a little strange for the first time but you get used to it and this bow is no different.

Comment

How easy is tuning compared to a regular setup?

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
              How easy is tuning compared to a regular setup?
              very easy to tune, but this has little practical application for most of us here......including myself. the target guys are going to eat this up, it been the buzz for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                very easy to tune, but this has little practical application for most of us here......including myself. the target guys are going to eat this up, it been the buzz for a while now.
                Meh... Looks heavy to me with all the added hardware. And shoot through systems have been available for a while. People will try it and then come back to a tried and true system.

Single track systems have been around for a very long time and cam lean was never and issue before. Personally I think all this cam lean elimination hype has gotten a bit out of hand. Lots of great shooters and scores have come and gone before it became the cliche excuse du jour!

Comment

Looks like an ok archery bow to me.

Comment

I don't know that "3 track" is the proper term since old Elites and Bowtechs have a traditional 3 track binary system. But I do understand what you are saying.

There are 4 cables and it is built like a 2 binary with another cable track. 5 track??

Very "bulky" looking with the dual cable rods. Don't know if Mitch could have built it with splitters instead, like an OK, but it would have looked better.

Comment

Looks like trying to load an arrow into a weaver's loom!

A post I read on the other site a few years ago said that the main benefit of this system is that its very easy to broadhead tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                        Looks like trying to load an arrow into a weaver's loom!

A post I read on the other site a few years ago said that the main benefit of this system is that its very easy to broadhead tune.
                        That is a straight up target bow so there will be no broadheads in its future.

Comment

Looks like a 1970's shoot through bow that used to hang on the wall at Trophy Archery back in the 80's. Wish I could remember what it was called.

I fully understand the benefit of a shoot through, however, I'm not sure I could get used to looking at that.

Everything old, is new again...

Comment

Could get western trying to load another broad head in the dark with a spine shot squealer headed for the cactus. lOl

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                              Meh... Looks heavy to me with all the added hardware. And shoot through systems have been available for a while. People will try it and then come back to a tried and true system.

Single track systems have been around for a very long time and cam lean was never and issue before. Personally I think all this cam lean elimination hype has gotten a bit out of hand. Lots of great shooters and scores have come and gone before it became the cliche excuse du jour!

Not unless you are an indoor x shooter. That's the way to go there. Meh? That such an odd word for a grown man to use.

Comment

Working...
                              X