Help: Best Dart Gun??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: Best Dart Gun??

Right now we have a 22 caliber old basic dart gun that we use for tagging & medicating deer. However we would like to invest in another one. Potentially a Co2 or air powered. What are yall using and what do you like?

Thanks
    Stormi

Are the air or gas powered ones any quieter than bullet driven ones?

Comment

We just bought a 389. I love it. What is the name of yalls deer operation? Ours is synthetic with a stainless barrel with a muzzle brake on the end. It is pretty dang quite. Using the green charges

Comment

We are just a small operation, less than 30 deer. No ranch name yet. We are in the early stages.

We've also had 2 pneu darts in the past week not inject upon impact. It's driving us crazy! I guess the learners curve is just tough on newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
          We just bought a 389. I love it. What is the name of yalls deer operation? Ours is synthetic with a stainless barrel with a muzzle brake on the end. It is pretty dang quite. Using the green charges
          Where did yall purchase it?

Comment

No prob we just started as well. 30 deer can become a large operation quick. We started 8/1/13 with no deer and now we have 65 bred does. We ordered it through pneu dart had it sent to our FFL. What setting are yall using when darting and what range? Sounds like not hitting hard enough to fire the charge in the dart.

Comment

Yeah, we are keeping them under 30 yard shots. If it's not close and for sure we don't shoot. I don't know what is up with those darts but this is our first round using the gel coats. We already placed another order without the gel coats. Never had any problems before them. Could be coincidence.

Comment

We use the 22 short blanks and they work just fine for us, but we definitely have to limit our shots to under 30 yards

Comment

What depth darts are yall using? 1/2", 3/4"?
                  Last edited by perfectstorm; 03-21-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                    X2..

Comment

Working...
                    X