BH tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BH tuning

Ive shot mechanicals for years because I was not comfortable tuning my own bow. The bow was paper tuned a month ago when I had a new string put on it.

Today I stepped off in a new world of tuning BH. My BH were shooting about 4-5" left and about 1 inch low at 40 yards. I first moved the rest right a tiny bit and seen no change. I then moved it a tiny bit more right and still no noticible change. So I again moved the rest right. Bingo!! Only all my shots were right about 5" right.

I moved my sights right and shot again at 40 yards and all 3 arrows are within 1.5" from each other. FP and BH are all right on the money.

All these years I was scared to touch a rest because I didnt want to get my bow out of tune. What Im trying to say to the guys who might be worried about moving the rest to "fine tune" your BH to FP is go for it. If I can do it, anyone can do it!!

A mechanical may also need to be tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      A mechanical may also need to be tuned.
      True. You may find that after tuning with fixed heads your mechanicals shoot better.

Comment

Good deal glad u did that. I was the same way but I'm way more confident in tuning my own bow now a days.

Comment

absolutely a well tuned bow will hammer a mechanical much better then an untuned bow.

Comment

Moving a rest is a simple procedure, and easy to reverse/return to the original position. Just make sure you have clearly marked the rest's original elevation/windage position before you start moving it.

Comment

I shoot expandables 99% of the time. But I bh tune to a fixed blade every time. To me it ensures the optimum arrow flight. And with big mechanical bh you will have better performance from them.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                X