Ballistic tests (broadheads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Ok but what about side by side comparisons in the same piece of gel? You know like when they stack like 6 arrows into one block. Can one batch of ballistic gel vary in density, depending on the spot?
    (Honest question not trying to stir things up)
    Nope.

Originally posted by enewman View Post
    I'm guessing ragin and mudslinger are old. Ragin you got to stop busting peoples bubbles. You know people are sensitive now days. Any way my broadhead is better then your broadhead
    No I've been bowhunting for 5 years.

Comment

Ragin' is semi old and I am OLD!

Comment

Don't use the ballistics gel for a "this is what happens to an animal" statement. Use it for a "this is how the broadhead should open up" or a " this is a wound channel" statement.

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

As much as Ragin plays with broadheads I figured it was his video

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              As much as Ragin plays with broadheads I figured it was his video

Lol.

Comment

Ragin's secret hunting bow has a WB rest and a quiver full of Rage BH's! He ain't fooling no one! He just likes stirring the pot to make these threads more interesting

Comment

I've heard of people testing broadheads on slabs of aluminum....

Comment

Ragin just likes to hate you can get an idea of cutting diameter with gel at least the reason a field tip is gonna out penetrate a Broadhead is less drag your gonna get more penetration out of a full metal jacket bullet than a hollow point defense round but the would channels are night and day

Comment

Ballistic tests (broadheads)

Originally posted by foot91james View Post
                      Ragin just likes to hate you can get an idea of cutting diameter with gel at least the reason a field tip is gonna out penetrate a Broadhead is less drag your gonna get more penetration out of a full metal jacket bullet than a hollow point defense round but the would channels are night and day

I don't "hate" nothin. ????? You haven't been on here long enough to even follow all my stuff to make that determination.

FYI. Try periods. Jus sayin.

Cutting diameter??? Try reading the package.
                      Last edited by JW; 02-01-2014, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                        Ragin's secret hunting bow has a WB rest and a quiver full of Rage BH's! He ain't fooling no one! He just likes stirring the pot to make these threads more interesting

WB, Aluminum Rage, Mathews and a **** Tru Fire release!

Comment

Seeing what you post is not a matter of time.(period) its a matter of looking at "all previous posts".(period) I suppose, (comma) if you would like to take the package for its word, (comma) then you could shoot any Broadhead no matter what.(period) No mechanical broadhead package out there says their broadhead ever fails to open.(period) (winking smiley face) I hope I passed my punctuation test. next week SPELLING TEST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by foot91james View Post
                            Seeing what you post is not a matter of time.(period) its a matter of looking at "all previous posts".(period) I suppose, (comma) if you would like to take the package for its word, (comma) then you could shoot any Broadhead no matter what.(period) No mechanical broadhead package out there says their broadhead ever fails to open.(period) (winking smiley face) I hope I passed my punctuation test. next week SPELLING TEST!!!!

Lmao! Great comeback. Bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Lmao! Great comeback. Bro.
                              X2! That was pretty good!

Comment

Cool test
                                No bone is exactly the same either so ballistic testing is the most accurate. You make all the gel at the same time so it is from the same batch. Qad exodus is where it's at

Comment

Working...
                                X