Slip on arrow wraps vs adhesive backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slip on arrow wraps vs adhesive backs

I am starting to fletch my own arrows and trying to get some feedback. I am going to try to use the easton slip on arrow wraps. With those is it better to dip them in the boiling water or use a hair dryer on low? I have had problems with the quickfletch by dipping them in water so that's where that question came from. Or would I be better off using an arrow wrap with an adhesive backing and rolling it on the arrow?

Bump

Comment

Thanks for the bump

Comment

Interested as well

Comment

They both work and both are easy. I have had good vane adhesion with both. I did have one of the shrink wraps slide partly off the shaft when I was pulling an arrow out of the target. Probably more options and custom wraps available with stick on. On both types, I tough them up with a scotch brite pad where the vanes will be. Seems to help them stick better. If you go the stick on route, get one of the old foam mouse pads to lay the wrap on.

Comment

I ended up using the sticky back this time and have the shrink wraps on order but having issues with the order placed. I ended up using a legal note pad to place the wrap on and that worked quite well for me. I will probably uses the shrink wraps on my practice arrows just for the ease and the adhesive backs for my hunting arrows.

Comment

I always use wraps and blazers, I don't like how heavy the slip on ones are and the color combos are very limited, blazers seem to stick better with a wrap then bare shaft, I use a Arizona fletching jig with 3 degree helical

Comment

Working...
              X