Best pack for carrying game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best pack for carrying game

Hey guys, I am trying to decide on a good internal frame backpack to carry in on my hunts. I want something that can pack down to a decent size, but can open up and handle some heavy weight. Do any of y'all have any suggestions?

i used a heavy plastic drag system that wraps around the deer and straps to the drag ring on the back of my safety vest. it was much easier than any other way i have ever used.

Comment

Yamaha

Comment

I assume you mean to pack an animal out.... Check out Mystery Ranch. They are $$$ but worth every penny. Durable and comfortable. We used them in the military and still have mine today. The rep gave a demo of carrying another person between the pack and frame....

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
          Yamaha
          I'm usually hunting public land and I am not lucky enough to get to use anything powered!

Comment

Here is what I use:
            Molly MacPack
            This page has all my videos on the MacPack:
            RatShak Reviews
            Molly MacPack Specs

Light (36 ounces), tough and can accommodate any load you have; I carried my 9.9 Johnson on it once. If you already have a M.O.L.L.E./P.A.L.S. set up or gear you can use the pouches on the MacPack. If you are weight conscious you can buy the lighter, but still tough, pouches that MacEntyre makes.

Internal frame packs are going to be limited; the frames for this type of pack are usually external or pack boards. There are a few that make this leap very well, (Mystery Ranch, Kifaru and a few others) but most off the shelf internal frames are seriously lacking what you need.

I know MacEntyre personally, although I have nothing to do with his business besides being a satisfied customer; and he is a great guy who loves the outdoors and builds great gear.

His contact page:
            MacEntyre's Contact Info

Check 'em out, you will not be disappointed, MacEntyre will do what it takes to make it right.

Possum with his MacPack loaded:

Gage with his MacPack loaded:

Gage and I back view:

Comment

I see you live in Jonah, I'm in Bertram; I can give you a live demo if you want, we can meet in Georgetown or something.

Comment

Game cart

Comment

Eberlestock j69 skycrane

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    I see you live in Jonah, I'm in Bertram; I can give you a live demo if you want, we can meet in Georgetown or something.
                    That would be cool. I looked at the website and it looks like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by brent.westbrook View Post
                      eberlestock j69 skycrane
                      j79

Comment

Working...
                      X