Judo tip???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judo tip???

any judos better than others? thinking about start to carry a couple to whack a rabbit or coon. anyone use easton expandable varmints?

I carry the tobaccy can ninjy star. works every time

Comment

yeah buddy!

Comment

I tried the judo points on coons twice. Both coons ran off with my arrow! I would suggest using old broadheads on the coons. Rabbits don't take them as well though Haha I've always used the cheaper spring ones and they fly good and work great on rabbis and squirrels!

Comment

I have walloped a few coons with the trusty old Judo point. Zwickey hit a home run with these. I've always had some in my kit since I was a boy chasing small game with a recurve.

From the ground, it makes a mess as it passes through and drags out the innards. Never tried one from an elevated position.

They do a number on bunnies and tree rats too.

A simple fender washer behind your field point is pretty darn effective on small game as well. The blunt force trauma is about equal to whacking them with a big hammer. This worked great with aluminum arrows, not sure how it would affect a carbon. Never tried.

Comment

Shot two coons one morning - one from the ladder stand with a BH-DRT. The other one ran up a live oak and curled up about 20' above the ground. I climbed down and walked over and looked up--there it was. Caught the judo point in the belly, just about the end of the breastbone--squirmed a bit and fell. The JP didn't penetrate fully--just killed the critter.

Comment

get the g5 small game head its like slinging a meat hook at them they arent gonna run away with it ill tell you that much

Comment

Working...
              X