Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Thoughts on Academy Sports CLIMBING Stands??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Thoughts on Academy Sports CLIMBING Stands??

Hey all,

I'm looking to get a climbing stand and use one for the first time. I know there are a lot of choices out there and I don't know what makes one better than the others. I've been told to consider Summit and API stands. Some of the others I have been told about are nice, but they are much more expensive than what I can get a nice USED Summit for.

I was at Academy Sports the other day and noticed that they too have climbing stands. I don't think I have ever read any reports or reviews on them though. I thought I'd ask you all and see if you all know anything about them. How do they match up against the Summit stands? Are they as safe and as easy to use? Anything you want to share about these stands would be helpful.

Thank you.

Nalajr

i did i bought one and i returned it, got it on sale for 59.00 was the aluminum weighed 21 lbs. got it home assembled it went up a tree went down i took it back and got a Summit goliath. the reasons i took it back were you have to assemble it with nuts and bolts, the stirrup strapps were horrible, the ones on the summit are awesome they stay secured to your feet.
    do yourself a favor get the summit i did just as you have thought of doing. even if you can only get the viper classic it is much sturdier then the game winner and it is secure. summit has been around a long time

Comment

I bought one a couple of years ago and unless I am climbing a pine tree I will not use it.

Climbers are not for me, too much work to use them.

Comment

Working...
      X