Helical vs offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helical vs offset

I'm going to take Arrowsmith's and bunch of y'all's suggestions and try the right helical on long, low profile vanes. So, useing a right helical clamp, should I still use an offset or should I set my jig straight?

ttt

Comment

Helical for broadheads.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        I'm going to take Arrowsmith's and bunch of y'all's suggestions and try the right helical on long, low profile vanes. So, useing a right helical clamp, should I still use an offset or should I set my jig straight?
        Tracey, most likely you will need to adjust some offset to get the base to lay flat on the shaft.. that's all you need to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
          Tracey, most likely you will need to adjust some offset to get the base to lay flat on the shaft.. that's all you need to do.

I'm new to fletching arrows myself but this is what I did. I adjusted the offset around until I could get the vane to sit on the shaft good. They would not touch the shaft all along the vane when the jig was set up straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
            ^ This...

Tracey the Flex Fletch vanes have a very narrow base. You will have to adjust the jig to get the vane base to sit flat on the shaft. Adjust the jig and set the vane down on the arrow dry (no glue). If the base sits nice and flat down on the shaft you are good to go....if not keep adjusting. It wont take long to get a good fit.

Comment

Working...
            X