broadheads in bowcase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broadheads in bowcase?

Just wondering how many guys and gals put there bow in the case with the quiver loaded with broadheads? Looking to get a knew case and like the idea of having the bow ready to shoot when i pull it out. But have heard of broedheads coming loose and getting into the string! Do you just load the quiver and not put it in the case and attach when you get to lease?

I have a seperate tacklebox that I keep all my bowhunting equipment in.

In addition to my broadheads that are stuck into a piece of styrofoam:
    field points
    Alan wrench
    extra knocks
    extra peep sight
    extra release
    replacement blades
    bow string wax
    broadhead sharpener
    broadhead wrench
    Quick Fletch arrow wraps
    random broadheads and blades
    lighter

About all i can think of right now

Comment

I have a small Plano tacklebox thingy that I put my broadheads in, and then in my bow case.

I've always been scared to keep them on the arrow, in the case, no matter how secure.

Comment

Get an arrow box. U can keep a loaded quiver on one side and extra
        arrows on the other side. Only keep bow in your case. 75% of the broke
        strings I see are from something rubbing it in the case.

Comment

txbowhunter thats what im thinking. Just wanted some input. want to keep the quiver loaded and then just have to mount to bow then. Do you have any suggestions on an arrow case that is wide enough and deep enough to hold a quiver with arrows. Thinking if i can find one deep enough i could put a quiver mount in it to secure the quiver on one side and then put loose arrows on the other. Thanks

Comment

Just picked up a soft case at cabelas, has a separate area for quiver and arrows and a detachable tackle box thing that zips onto the side. I know some people don't like soft cases but it's worth a look.

Comment

I use a hard SKB case and my Mathews Z7 fits perfectly with quiver attached...arrows in quiver. I also keep extra arrows in the slots provided in the case. When I pull my bow out, I just have to remove my sight cover and it is ready to shoot. I also have no issue of broad heads coming loose or anything like that.

When I used to use a soft case, I kept my quiver in a separate hard case that fit into the outer pocket of the soft case.

Comment

I keep my broadheads on the arrows in the quiver. I use a Plano case that has a separate compartment along the back that holds the quiver. I also keep my bow sling on the bow, covering the cams and string. That's not necessary for protection, it just makes it easy to grab my bow, put the quiver on, and head out. My release stays buckled around the riser so I never forget to pick it up.

Comment

ya i like the idea of putting my quiver in a seperate case loaded and ready to go. Just need to fing one that will work. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

I keep anything sharp in a little Plano tackle box. Along with any other necessities for quick tuning and maintenance. This goes in a backpack and stays with me at all times

Comment

I sell the mtm arrow case plus. Holds release and all the extra stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 94sktr View Post
                        Just wondering how many guys and gals put there bow in the case with the quiver loaded with broadheads? Looking to get a knew case and like the idea of having the bow ready to shoot when i pull it out. But have heard of broedheads coming loose and getting into the string! Do you just load the quiver and not put it in the case and attach when you get to lease?
                        "hey my string just snapped on me and i don't know why..........."

Comment

Arrow case!

Comment

I keep my bow sling on my bow when I put it in my case to make sure my bh's dont cut my string

Comment

This is the one I've been using for the last year 1/2 and it's been good. Has a separate arrow tube and mine came with plastic storage boxes for tools / BH's that goes in front zippered compartment, but I don't see it in the pic. Wonder if they did away with those.

Comment

Working...
                              X