Werid tuning issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Werid tuning issue

So my bow will shoot field piont, muzzy MX3's, and spitfire maxx's mechnicals all at the same point from 15 yards to 50 bows in tuned IMHO. So i bought a pack of Grim Reapers Whitetail mechnical broadheads and they are hitting at 20 yard about 6 inches left and 2 high, at 30 they are 8 inches to the left and 3 high, etc. So although my box shoots fields piont and two other heads at the same spot out to 50 the GR fly werid. Any ideas.

Bowtech invasion 64lb
    Goldtip 5575 gt at 27 inches
    100gr broadhead/field
    28.0 draw
    Last edited by Jourdan_D; 11-11-2013, 02:00 PM.

That is odd I have never had an issue with gr. When you shot your muzzys did they fly with your fp with out bh tuning?

Comment

I know its odd as heck, its stumping my why they are hit off from everything else.

Nope had to tune them to get them to hit where the FP were hitting.

Comment

Did you try spinning them?

Comment

Spin test the GRs and see if they are screwing in straight

Comment

Hmmm I have heard of bow not liking certain heads but I have seen several Bowtechs shoot gr fine. I am not a paper tune guy but with bow tech it's important to do and easy to tune with their cam system. But if your bh tuned I would guess your paper tuned as well

Comment

Check to see if they spin true. You are also border line on arrow spine (Imo). should be ok, but close

Comment

what kind of vanes or feathers are you shooting?

Comment

Don't use them.

Comment

I have found that certain Broadheads doesn't like certain bows (or Set-Ups). I shot Muzzy's until I couldn't get them to fly straight in my Bowtech Assassin. I tries to paper tune it but still it was always off. I found when trying to get the G5 Strikers to fly like my FP, I had to take about 3lbs off my draw weight. I always just try to find something that flys like my FP.

Comment

Originally posted by Jourdan_D View Post
                      I know its odd as heck, its stumping my why they are hit off from everything else.

Nope had to tune them to get them to hit where the FP were hitting.
                      Wondering if this is where the difference with the GR's is coming in?

Comment

Working...
                      X