Pass through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass through

Not getting pass throughs and I'm pulling 70 pounds, 29 inch draw, 400 grain FMJs with 100 grain ram cat broad heads. Let me know what y'all think

Pass thrus on what? If your bow is not tuned to its peak, that can have an adverse affect on arrow flight and penetration. Shot placement has a lot to do with pass thrus. You should be get tong. pass thrus on most critters, but there are a lot of variables that can affect penetration.

Comment

Wasn't getting pass thrus on pigs. Probably shot placement

Comment

Pigs are tough and the bigger they are the harder it is to get a pass thru.

Comment

Do you want to shoot a pig in the same spot with a bow as you would an arrow?

Comment

Rifle* excuse me

Comment

Those 400's should be way to weak of spine arrow for a 70 lb bow. I am on the brink of being too weak with a 60 lb bow. Also you are shooting a mechancial head. I would try a slick trick or something.

Comment

are you finding the pigs, if so what is stopping the arrow?

Comment

Ramcats are not a mechanical.

Comment

Ram Cats are fixed blade. What grain arrows do you recommend?

Comment

He said he was shooting 400 GRS. not a 400 spined arrow. 400 GRS. should be plenty heavy enough I M O

Comment

How many hogs have you shot? How big? Shot placement? Boars or sows?

Sorry for all the ????? but sometimes your not going to get a pass through. 400's seem a little weak for your draw length and draw weight. You could reduce some poundage, possibly a heavier broad head to stiffen your spine. I would probably take a few lbs off until I need to buy more arrows, then go with 340's.

Also elevated stand or from the ground. Maybe your arrows are hitting the ground before passing all the way through?
                        Last edited by pblaetz; 11-11-2013, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cg1219 View Post
                          He said he was shooting 400 GRS. not a 400 spined arrow. 400 GRS. should be plenty heavy enough I M O
                          My guess is he means FMJ 400's

Comment

The dissection of the arrow path would tell the story. You are most likely hitting shoulder bone... My guess

Comment

Much more difficult to get pass thru's on hogs. Shot placement would be my guess. Remember that heart is between front legs and low. Always try a quartering away shot. The front leg is just too hard to penetrate effectively. I know slick tricks can do it, but i'm not sure if all bh's can.

Comment

Working...
                              X