Arrow selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow selection

I am currently shooting Injexion 330's out of my Bowtech Experience. I like the arrows and have stocked up with the QAD Exodus heads in deep six. All was good until I started breaking nocks at release. I have lost two arrows from this and the bow is nearly dry firing when this happens. I am thinking about switching to Bloodsport ones or Deep Impacts so I can get a larger, more durable nock. Anyone have any pros or cons about these other arrows?

Get FMJ's you won't regret it. I shoot the 400 grains with 100 grain ram cat broad heads. No problems with my nocks. Hard hitting set up

Comment

400's are not grains, but the spine numbers that Easton uses. Most arrows will use nocks made by other mfg's. May want to try different nocks or make sure the nocks you have now are not real tight on the string. If the are extremely tight, then you may be spreading the nock "ears" too much and causing cracks and fatigue.

Comment

I shoot 100 grain FMJ's and they are a little heavier but extremely quiet.. They are awesome! No problem at all with my nocks either..

Comment

I have tried Easton's G nock and the Nocturnals with breaks on both. I have made a habit of checking the nock against the sunlight for cracks and have not seen cracks before the shot but I'm sure there are small propagations that I cannot see. The nockturnals seem a little beefier and I wasn't really worried until it happened with them also.
          I just want an arrow that I don't have to worry about its durability.

Comment

I really want to try something not as heavy as a FMJ but guess there are a lot of people happy with them. How easy do they bend? I remember the days of bent aluminum shafts and want to keep them behind me.

Comment

Working...
            X