Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather gear

Let's talk cold weather gear.

When it comes to shirt, pull over, and jacket I'm good. Where I struggle is what to wear besides pants. I don't care for thermals, so what other options are there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	s7_516559_999_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	24263490

I hunt out of pop-ups!

Comment

I like insulated bib coveralls- keeps your arms free and keeps you warm from the chest down

Comment

I have the Under Armour Ayton pants, they were very warm in 28 degree weather in Kansas. I had Under Armour cold gear thermals on underneath and I was fine in a pop up with no wind blowing. I think they would be great.

Comment

Until my wife let me buy my insulated coveralls I always wore sweats under my good ole Liberty overalls. Leave them unbuttoned on the sides and you have plenty of room to move around...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I like insulated bib coveralls- keeps your arms free and keeps you warm from the chest down
            X2

Comment

I was like you until i got rocky thermals they arent like longjohns at all i found them at walmart. they have warm weather cool and coldest they are comfortable and actually i have them on now, as stated i hated thermals they always felt bulky, i also switched to wool socks and a fleece cap i stay toasty and warm im not much of a fan of cold weather the older i get but these thermals are great

Comment

Thanks.

I have the coverall, but I plan on checking out the Under Armor recommendations.

Comment

Merino wool is another excellent base layer. Costs about the same as Under Armour.

Comment

Cabelas Wooltimate series pants! Hope you hunt where it's cold

Comment

TexasBowhunter.com
                      Predator Fleece Pants
                      Warm and quiet!

Comment

Originally posted by pblaetz View Post
                        TexasBowhunter.com
                        Predator Fleece Pants
                        Warm and quiet!
                        Predator fleece with a good base layer and you'll be toasty warm!!

Comment

Under Armour and Polertec.

Comment

Scotty has the ultimate answer and a lot cheaper than most clothing!

Comment

Bass pro shops E C W S bottoms under fleece pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X