Broadhead tuning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead tuning question

I am having trouble getting my broadheads to shoot with my field points.
    I am shooting a 2010 elite gt500 60lbs at 30 in. Shooting axis 400's cut to 28.5 in. with a 125 grain razor trick or stinger.

My arrows keep shooting 3 in to the left of my fp at 20 yards about 7-8 at 40 yards. I have a bow sling and do not grip the bow. I keep a loose grip and let the bow sling hold up the bow, I dont think I am torquing the bow. The cams were installed at triple edge archery and the bow was tuned as well.

If anything I would have thought the broadheads would hit to the right because they should be too weak for this length and this weight tip.

Any advice?

If every thing is in check, and the BH are hitting due left of the FP (9 O'clock of the FP):

Move your rest 1/32" to the right and see if that tightens up your groups at 20 yards. If so continue till both FP and BH are hitting at the same place. Only 1/32" of an inch at a time. Then reset your sights to where both are now hitting.
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-08-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I think you need a 340 spline?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        If every thing is in check, and the BH are hitting due left of the FP (9 O'clock of the FP):

Move your rest 1/32" to the right and see if that tightens up your groups at 20 yards. If so continue till both FP and BH are hitting at the same place. Only 1/32" of an inch at a time. Then reset your sights to where both are now hitting.
        This.... If that doesn't work it's your spine

Comment

you are under-spined. you need to be shooting a 340 or 350 or drop down to a 100 grain head.

Comment

Under spined.

Comment

Yes, spine may be borderline. Or slightly under. But trying to move the rest first would be a lot cheaper than buying a new dozen arrows.

Comment

If they are under spined wouldnt they be hitting right of the field points?

Comment

I would move the rest as mentioned above first. If that doesn't work turn the bow down just a hair and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                    If they are under spined wouldnt they be hitting right of the field points?
                    Yes, that's what the Easton tuning guide says online

Comment

Do you have any 100 grain field points and broadheads laying around? That'll stiffen them up a little bit. No doubt, you're under spined. I've owned the same bow with the exact same specs. Could never get it to tune with anything but a .340-.350 spine shaft.

Comment

Moving the rest to the right about a 1/16 fixed it, still shooting slightly low but not by much.

Comment

Moving the rest to the right about a 1/16 fixed it, still shooting slightly low but not by much.
                          Raise the rest just a hair.

Comment

If it's a drop away you wanna move your d loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                              If it's a drop away you wanna move your d loop.
                              Why? Just asking.

Comment

Working...
                              X