Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pass through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pass through?

Do y'all think a 348 gr arrow moving at 280+ fps
    Would have any problem passing through a big pig or deer?

according what distance were talking.

Comment

Should have zero problem passing through either. Deer passthrough is far easier than a big pig though..

Still doesn't matter with those numbers you have 60 KE which is plenty for just about any bow hunted animal.

Comment

Deer absolutely not at distances farther than you should be shooting depending in broadhead. Hogs??? Now thats a million $$$ question. Ive not shot thru em with a coc gead off of a compound with a total weight of 600 grains and have blasted thru em with a 400 grain arrow. Its a crap shoot with higs5.

Comment

And no I have still not figured out how to edit this **** new tapatalk update!!!

Comment

deer yes

pig yes

big pig iffy, make sure you get a low hole, might be only one.

Comment

Pigs...most
              Deer...I can throw a rock through a deer

Comment

i got a pass through on my deer this year shooting a 351 gr arrow at 257 fps. wouldnt recommend shooting the shoulder knuckle though.

Comment

Like they say, deer are easy, hogs are tough not matter what you throw at them. You do know, you can kill deer and pigs without getting a pass through, right.

Comment

no problem on a deer

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                      Like they say, deer are easy, hogs are tough not matter what you throw at them. You do know, you can kill deer and pigs without getting a pass through, right.
                      Yes. Killed many, many hogs but always shot 70# until now. I just prefer a pass through.

Comment

Originally posted by Deer Destroyer View Post
                        Yes. Killed many, many hogs but always shot 70# until now. I just prefer a pass through.
                        You never know on big hogs.

Comment

As stated above deer are easy to get a pass through. Hogs, well again it all depends on shot placement and the type of broad head you use. COC will have a better chance. I kill quite a few pigs year round, and will probably catch flak for saying that I purposefully often shoot them behind the rib cage and just below the spine. They have a main artery and vein that runs there, hit either or both and that pig will die faster than a double lung.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                            As stated above deer are easy to get a pass through. Hogs, well again it all depends on shot placement and the type of broad head you use. COC will have a better chance. I kill quite a few pigs year round, and will probably catch flak for saying that I purposefully often shoot them behind the rib cage and just below the spine. They have a main artery and vein that runs there, hit either or both and that pig will die faster than a double lung.
                            X2 sound advice

Comment

Working...
                            X